Who's Working New Years Eve (or day)?

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Am I wrong in assuming that New Years Eve is still a holiday??? Preload has everyone coming in at 630 that morning?? Can they force the entire operation that day to work??

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Don't think it will be a full sort with 630am start time but they do not need everyone to run air for 3 hours. Don't they have to ask for volunteers on holidays instead of making everyone come in???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't think it will be a full sort with 630am start time but they do not need everyone to run air for 3 hours. Don't they have to ask for volunteers on holidays instead of making everyone come in???

They normally ask for volunteers and will then force from the bottom up until their staffing needs are met.

iowa boy

Give me my double time and holiday pay and I will work, may even ask for my 8. But that will depend on any plans that the spouse might make for that night.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Thats exactly what I am saying. Unfortunately our management is about as bad as it gets so asking them what the deal is would never amount to the truth. Prob just call in and take my 4 hour holiday pay.