Who's Working New Years Eve (or day)?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I do not think we even get time and a half for that day where I am just holiday and hours worked. Anybody else like that?
Depends on your supplement. I believe in my local...PT preload on NYE is voluntary...if it's only air...it's ST and no guarantee (plus holiday pay). If they are requiring everyone to come in....it's double time and a guarantee. I have never heard of preload being required to come in on NYE.

UPS cannot force preload to come in and not give you a guarantee...holiday or no holiday!

Depends on your supplement. I believe in my local...PT preload on NYE is voluntary...if it's only air...it's ST and no guarantee (plus holiday pay). If they are requiring everyone to come in....it's double time and a guarantee. I have never heard of preload being required to come in on NYE.

UPS cannot force preload to come in and not give you a guarantee...holiday or no holiday!
We usually have the drivers,run preload. a skelton crew of preloaders work,to put the spa label on and unload.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Thank you bleedinbrown58 for the insight as of now nobody had any idea what was going on. I knew I was not on it being voluntary if there was enough people. I have worked 11years in preload and not many beat people beat me on the seniority list. Thanks again.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Thank you bleedinbrown58 for the insight as of now nobody had any idea what was going on. I knew I was not on it being voluntary if there was enough people. I have worked 11years in preload and not many beat people beat me on the seniority list. Thanks again.
A 630 start time sounds like a volunteer day...but if it's mandatory...demand your guarantee.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I will try to say this,without violating the TOS. one of the women said, It is not a ...V...dont jam your fingers In,so hard...lmao
Classic. I was at the smalls slide...laying smalls on one of the belts. The guy next to me stood in his work spot...direct in front of the divertor switch. So every so often...the sup would yell bb58..flip the switch. So I'd have to squat down and reach in front of this guy's crotch to hit the switch...lol. First time I kneel down and hit the switch....the guy (who I barely know) goes...hey BB, while you're down there.....lmao

AKCoverMan

Here we will run a regular preload but it will start later in am. Guessing all routes in but no splits.. Air only so idea will be to get everyone in before too many drunks on road.

For us Ft gets 8 hrs hol pay plus time and a half for hours worked. They will announce at PCM that everyone should go code 05 or ask now for additional work.

Here we will run a regular preload but it will start later in am. Guessing all routes I. But no splits.. Air only so idea will be to get everyone in before too many drunks on road.

For us Ft gets 8 hrs hol pay plus time and a half for hours worked. They will announce at PCM that everyone should go code 05 or ask now for additional work.
Code 05? what Is that?.lol

I get more hours than I need. On NYE I'll go home early and avoid the holiday madness. I have the RIGHT to 8 hours but I don't feel the OBLIGATION to insist on 8. It does not feel like the company is getting over on me and love ya I've but I'm no scab. :)
Not calling you a scab...that Is meant for somebody else. my take Is, If im working and giving up a day of my life....pay me.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I want the day off dammit!!! They took away the Friday after Thanksgiving and now they are going after New Year's Eve. Soon we will have no goodies left.

PT Car Washer

All FT and PT Air drivers will be working for straight time plus Holiday pay. Either delivering in the AM or pick ups in the PM. It is what it is. Been a long time since I did a whole lot on New Years Eve other then fall asleep in front of the TV.