Why do dog owners think their don't "WON'T BITE YOU"????

neartom

"If dogs don't go to heaven,when I die, I want to go where the dogs go." Will Rogers

Big Babooba

I have had this said to me many o' times but this past Friday as I was being told that precious Fido wouldnt bite me the dog was simultaneously chewing on my a%*!!!! Really??? So for the past few days Ive have a sore rear-end and a new hatred for Rottweilers....
....and a lawsuit.

stink219

This one place on my route has a mega huge lab golden retriever mix. I used to have to go into the yard really quiet and fast because this dog would latch onto me and hump me if he got the chance. I wasent he only driver. Everyone else who used to go there would be like what the hell is up with that dog that goes balls out and tried to hump you. Wtf
Your better off just letting him finish.

barnyard

KTM rider
I call the police and have a report filed. Some municipalities have ordinances that state after a certain number of bites or problems, the owners are no longer allowed to own dogs.

Every dog that his bit me, bit after the owner said, "My dog does not bite" or something similar.

bigblu 2 you

i fed and petted a bull mastiff from a pup.when he turned 2 he became aggressive and territorial.he bit a{small kid} member of the owners family,. in the face{cant imagine the scar,this dog is HUGE}.i now leave all packages with a relative next door.the dog has a shock collar to keep him in the yard.its like he changed over night.i assume all dogs bite and take such precautions.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Re: Why do dog owners think their don't "WON'T BITE YOU"????

The only dog that has got me good was a blue heeler that crawled under my truck and hid behind my tire. When I went to climb in the little bastard nipped my leg.
Of all the dogs there are, I trust heelers the least. They are sneeky conniving little bastards. At least with a Rott or a Pit or a Shepard, they will stand there and stare you in the face. A heeler will sneek up and attack from behind.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
i fed and petted a bull mastiff from a pup.when he turned 2 he became aggressive and territorial.he bit a{small kid} member of the owners family,. in the face{cant imagine the scar,this dog is HUGE}.i now leave all packages with a relative next door.the dog has a shock collar to keep him in the yard.its like he changed over night.i assume all dogs bite and take such precautions.

1. I'm willing to bet that dog was still intact. Aggression in male dogs is very rare once their owners have done the right thing and had them neutered.

2. I love dogs, especially bully breeds and mastiffs, but if I ever had one that bit a child in the face I would take it out into the back yard and shoot it. Immediately. Done, end of story, do not pass go, do not collect $200. What you are describing here is a case of grossly irresponsible pet ownership. I feel bad for the dog that its owners are doing such a piss poor job of raising it. Happy dogs dont act that way.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Of all the dogs there are, I trust heelers the least. They are sneeky conniving little bastards. At least with a Rott or a Pit or a Shepard, they will stand there and stare you in the face. A heeler will sneek up and attack from behind.

Heelers are a nuisance, but they generally only nip at you because of their herding instincts. The two breeds I distrust the most are German Shepherds and Chows. They are big dogs and I have a hard time reading their body language, and Chows in particular tend to not be very people friendly. Pitbulls, rotties and dobies are all big and can be intimidating, but I can read their body language like a book and tell just by looking whether or not they are going to be a problem.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

I have a house that I deliver to that is owned by a well-known Atlanta TV news personality that recently retired. Her husband is in law enforcement and thinks its a good idea to have their German Shepherd trained to attack people. I usually don't do this, but I started carrying Milkbone dog treats and I would throw them over the fence to make friends with the dog. She laughed and was fine with it when I told her. The other day, he was standing at their gate with the dog when I pulled up to a stop. The dog started pacing back and forth and was looking for his treat. The guy got all ticked off when I told him that his dog was only wanting a treat, he said "Now I have to send him off for re-training now". He was pretty ticked off, I'm surprised he didn't call in a complaint. If that dog does bite me, it will be the first and only time.

Had a guy on a rural route years ago with a Doberman (when they were supposed to be devil-dogs) that I got along with. That dog died, and he got another Doberman puppy that I started to be friends with. One day I had something for him, and he shut the puppy in the house. When I asked why, he told me that he didn't want me to ruin this dog like I did the last.:surprised:

This one place on my route has a mega huge lab golden retriever mix. I used to have to go into the yard really quiet and fast because this dog would latch onto me and hump me if he got the chance. I wasent he only driver. Everyone else who used to go there would be like what the hell is up with that dog that goes balls out and tried to hump you. Wtf

Take a shower now and then so you don't smell so alluring!:wink2:

Heelers are a nuisance, but they generally only nip at you because of their herding instincts. The two breeds I distrust the most are German Shepherds and Chows. They are big dogs and I have a hard time reading their body language, and Chows in particular tend to not be very people friendly. Pitbulls, rotties and dobies are all big and can be intimidating, but I can read their body language like a book and tell just by looking whether or not they are going to be a problem.

My cousin used to be an animal control officer in New Mexico. She put herself through college breeding Afghans, so she knew her way around dogs. She once told me that the only dog she would shoot on sight was a Chow!

Shepherds don't bother me, because we had one when my boys were young. Guess I learned their body language.

Rider

There's a breed that is half lab and half full size poodle. I can tell you from experience that they can be very aggressive.

Canuck83

I had a Heeler sneak out of nowhere and come at me on a delivery. Fortunately the owner had ordered a club like object from justbats.com and I was able to quickly repel the attack.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I believe that's why they're called heelers. It's SOP for them to nip on herd animals there to get them moving. It's in their breeding.

U

uber

Cesar Milan, is that you?

BrownArmy

I had a customer tell me not to worry, her 'dog didn't bite', as the dog was latched onto the upper-heel area of my boot.

I looked at the lady, looked at the dog, set the package down on the spot and walked away (thank you Union-made, :censored2:-kicking Carolina boots!).

Ankle-biters are the worst, it's like they have something to prove...

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I had a customer tell me not to worry, her 'dog didn't bite', as the dog was latched onto the upper-heel area of my boot.

I looked at the lady, looked at the dog, set the package down on the spot and walked away (thank you Union-made, :censored2:-kicking Carolina boots!).

Ankle-biters are the worst, it's like they have something to prove...

It's the canine equivalent of small-man syndrome.

oldngray

nowhere special
It would be great to be able to punt one of those ankle biters - especially if its one chewing one your pant leg while the customer is signing and doing nothing about it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I love Greyhounds. Anyone step on one while making delivery? They don't even move an inch so you have to walk over them!