Why do I post on the Brown Cafe Forums?

randomUPSISer

I post because... I'm a forum junky. I visit lots of forums (though obviously with different forum aliases :D )

I enjoy forums, and in the case of BC, I found one about work to go to. I complain alot about the company and its new "culture" I will admit. In the end though, I'm actually considered a productive employee by those I work for, and my "issues" with the new culture are obviously not enough to get me to leave.

I come to vent (the things I dare not say to management), to read rumors, to hear about other aspects from other perspectives of the business, and to engage in social "talk".

ideliver2u67

20 Down
It just feels better posting on here, rather than tell my wife my daily horror stories. She may knod her head and agree, but she doesnt really understand what we go through day by day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
UPS is a rewarding career but it can also be very stressful, challenging and frustrating.

I used to go to the tavern every night with a bunch of other drivers and sit there and bitch about work while getting hammered.

Now I can sit here at home and bitch about work while being rip-snorting sober.

Its safer, its cheaper, and it keeps me married and out of jail.:happy-very:

bigbrownhen

I read and post here to get the different perspectives from the different employees, be it hourly or management. I have gained a better attitude both at home and work from the information I get here.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
UPS is a rewarding career but it can also be very stressful, challenging and frustrating.

I used to go to the tavern every night with a bunch of other drivers and sit there and bitch about work while getting hammered.

Now I can sit here at home and bitch about work while being rip-snorting sober.

Its safer, its cheaper, and it keeps me married and out of jail.:happy-very:

Be honest, not nearly as fun though.

Cezanne

To be honest I enjoy getting any information from the responses to these forums whether it be rumors, bogus or once in while true. It would be a fact that most of us who post or view this site would agree that we are for the most part informational deprived by both the company and union. If any thing it helps me with my English 101 skills, basic sentence structure and spelling skills. Again my wife keeps me from being too obessive with this site, need a fine balance...:peaceful: