Why do you stay?

Braveheart

For being off the street and only 3 years your pretty bitter. As you said the volume is down...UPS is trying to save money. I'm sure that your center has a goal for idle time and the run you BID has an allotted time for TA. I would be willing to bet if you accomplished these two items they would leave you alone. If something else is holding you up on your TA, let someone know. If you say nothing they will just think that your stealing time. Just my 2 cents.
They will never leave you alone and they thin k all of us are guilty of something.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
I stay because I'm a feeder driver. My job is gravy. My job right now is at most a nine hour day. Physical work is 1 to 1.5 hours at most and the other 7.5 to 8 hours of it is just driving. I believe in a fair days pay for a fair days work and also working smarter not harder. Had I not left packages 5 years ago when I did I would have left the company most def.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I have two little girls not in school yet and they need to see the doctor/dentist a lot. The benefits are really hard to leave. The money is of course good. However, I'm still part time cause I stay home with my little succubus and I know there isn't a better pt job out there for that.

Rodolfo Arias

Rodolfo Arias TJ
I work as AE in Tijuana MX, and i can say that I stay because of the money and the health benefits, but we work under a lot of preassure and more in these times, where economy goes down, the BD Stuff it doesn't care if a company closes or their volume goes down due to economic situation, they just ask you for more and more packages. In MX we dont have same benefits that US employees has, but as most of you say: What can we do...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I work as AE in Tijuana MX, and i can say that I stay because of the money and the health benefits, but we work under a lot of preassure and more in these times, where economy goes down, the BD Stuff it doesn't care if a company closes or their volume goes down due to economic situation, they just ask you for more and more packages. In MX we dont have same benefits that US employees has, but as most of you say: What can we do...
It is what it is.

Welcome to the Brown Cafe Rodolfo.
Glad to have you join us and provide a different perspective of how things work south of the border.

upsgrunt

Seriously,
Sometimes I can't wait to get to work just to see what happens next! Seems lately it's anybody's guess.
Of course the compensation package is beneficial with 4 kids.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I stay now so that, on Feb. 27th of 2017.....in exactly 7 years, 7 months and 29 days....I will have my PEER 80 and I wont have to stay any more.

Braveheart

We are here to vent and trade info. We stay because we like the money, need the medical, and like our customers. We could put Fed Ex out of business if mangement were smarter about haow the did their job and if they gave UPS a better work environment.

Do you leave the country because you do not agree or like how a President is running the country? NO. You stay, you vent, you try to fix things with words and actions, mostly words.

Ms Spoken

I'm looking forward to the day I can tip my hat and be done with UPS. Since the death of my mom (best friend) my life has changed and the only priority I have is god and family.
Thats right forget the $$$, the bennies and all the BS because life is too short.

This is my life and how I feel and I'm going to finally follow what makes me happy and I do not see how UPS fits into what I want out of life.

Please don't tell me where the door is because I have already spotted it and will walk away when that time comes.

After 18 yrs I'm just fed up with the games they play and ready to move on to the next chapter of my life and never look back and regret my decisions.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I say its the overwhelming sense of community I feel each day at work. Its like a small town or city. People know each other and relate to job type massacre that is UPS. This is the only job I've been in where people talk about the job while on break.

Plus seeing the system flow and move is fascinating. Seeing the chaos and being appart of it is satisfying. To be apart of something bigger then yourself. Walking out of the building after a long days work is for me alot like cutting the grass and having a few cold ones afterwords, a feeling of utopia type moment. That you're doing a job most people would quit on sight. A sense of importance and acceptance from your peers. A knowledge you are worth your weight and them some.

Last edited: