Why so much whining

rod

Retired 22 years
I think the OP and upstate are the same person. He is just trying to convince the rest of us that there are more of him out there.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I wouldn't be surprised if the op is just another of upstate's freakish personalities like upssocks.
I checked the IP address of the OP and this is the only poster from this IP. I would think if you were looking for another persona who is multi-BC name it would be the duckguy. Upstate is not upssocks either.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Oh, my! So, you do know who Socks is, huh? Isn't it funny that that Quackmeister isn't posting and no one has heard from Socks. Hmmm.

One more observation, I don't think Upstate posts under any other name. Could be wrong, but......

I checked the IP address of the OP and this is the only poster from this IP. I would think if you were looking for another persona who is multi-BC name it would be the duckguy. Upstate is not upssocks either.
Technically speaking the IP address being different only proves the posts are not coming from the same computer on the same internet provider. At one time I had both a broadband connection and a dial up connect available to me. I could have even posted with two different IPs from the same computer.
Not saying this is happening, just saying it is possible.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
OP heres the best part,,,you get the same pay as the guy who only knocks out 250 per hour!!! have a party for your self !! we will when you pass out in a feeder lol lol

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
I'm a loader and a college student and work a second job for summer. I've been loading for a year. I peak at 650 hourly pph and 550 sustained pph throughout a night, provided we're flowing consistently. I've ranked in the top ten in my hub for weekly misload frequency/packages scanned at least 15 times this year and got rank one this week. I'm 0 for 30,000+ for the past five weeks and recently got a 100% load quality audit. I'm also asthmatic and it took me around a month and a half to build up the stamina to get 300 pph when i started (not a 'natural athlete', didn't play sports in high school), I'm majoring in physics (i'm a badass nerd), and I binge drink every weekend and occasionally take up offers for free drugs ^_^ (do not live in a cave).

I don't get what's up with all the bitching in these forums. Like, seriously. I like loading. It's fun and a competitive outlet. Why does it seem like everyone on this website (99% of which are union employees?) use it as a means of expressing their proletarian woes and managerial exploitations? The amount of constructive, positive, or even interesting material contained in these forums is lower than the daily calorie intake of an impoverished African child.

So like, is this website for drivers who have taken UPS as a career path, have done the same thing for five trillion years and come home every night to complain on these forums? ffs, what do you expect out of a job that pays $70,000-$90,000 a year - the average salary for a physics major after obtaining a bachelors - that requires no substantial education whatsoever? Help me out here.

We all like to whine a little. I agree that the whining is disproportionately high here. People are paid to work because it's not fun, pleasant, and easy.

Even though many of the people whine like they hate everything about UPS, you can't chase them away. Average length of service is till retirement.

The pay and benefits far outweigh the negatives, otherwise people (including myself) would simply find something else to do to earn a living.

It's a free world where people vote with their feet. Not many feet willingly take the path to another employer.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Technically speaking the IP address being different only proves the posts are not coming from the same computer on the same internet provider. At one time I had both a broadband connection and a dial up connect available to me. I could have even posted with two different IPs from the same computer.

http://www.hidemyass.com/ INTERNETS! Do you speak it?

Proxy ah hoy matey! You may raid, troll, flame and spam any forum, website etc etc.

" The internet isnt as useful as one might think " Kevin French ( Mission Hill )

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
..There is a sense of entitlement among union members that we deserve as much as we can get for as little as we can get away with.

Its unfortunate when a person who is otherwise intelligent and well-spoken buys into such uninformed and ignrorant stereotypes.

Anyone who works for UPS (or just about any blue collar job for that matter) today owes a debt of gratitude to the "joe unions" of the past. They walked picket lines and fought and bled and even died for radical, "entitlement" based concepts such as the 40 hr workweek, overtime, sick pay, lunch breaks, and a living wage that they could support a family on.

Its too bad that so many of those "joe unions" would fail to live up to the high standards of excellence and intellect that would be placed upon them by some of the very same people who currently benefit from the sacrifices that they made.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
To the OP...

When I was within my first year, I too did well at the job eventually, I thought pretty highly of myself as well. I didnt flaunt it though, I was just proud of myself that I did adapt to the job so well *self high-five*.

But do the job for a few more years, week after week and you will see why some of us complain. If you want a harder job, if you think your godlike enough, request going into preload. You should learn that job as much as you can, and hustle as much as you can. Thusly, you will see how UPS will treat people like us, the ones that truly hustle.

P

pickup

The original poster wrote: and I binge drink every weekend and occasionally take up offers for free drugs ^_^ (do not live in a cave).

So that explains it. A little cocaine to get asthmatic nostrils flared up, and a lot of drinking to forget the mental and physical aches and pains of the working week.

We proletariat have our opiate of the religion of complaining to get us through the night. Apparently the opiate of the original poster is well,..... opiates.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Its unfortunate when a person who is otherwise intelligent and well-spoken buys into such uninformed and ignrorant stereotypes.

Anyone who works for UPS (or just about any blue collar job for that matter) today owes a debt of gratitude to the "joe unions" of the past. They walked picket lines and fought and bled and even died for radical, "entitlement" based concepts such as the 40 hr workweek, overtime, sick pay, lunch breaks, and a living wage that they could support a family on.

Its too bad that so many of those "joe unions" would fail to live up to the high standards of excellence and intellect that would be placed upon them by some of the very same people who currently benefit from the sacrifices that they made.

Couldnt agree more with that sober.

People in the past would work 12 hours, with no breaks, lunches. Would be pushed into working weekends, no benefits and a poor wage. Safety was a concern too those days. People would be subject to work in places where arms and legs would be ripped off.

UPS is different from most jobs today. Many people consider standing behind a register of sitting at a desk all day a "real" job, I dont think so. A real job to me is where someone sweats and toils at a given task. To the energy lost doing long and heavy work. What people wont consider work nowadays.

Work with your mind, hands, feet and soul each and every day, see how that works out for you time and time again.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I agree and sadly, no matter how many times I beat him over the head with my drum stick, it never seems to make a difference.

I've come to the conclusion that this forum is first place in his life that he could talk smack without getting the snot kicked out of him physically.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Couldnt agree more with that sober.

People in the past would work 12 hours, with no breaks, lunches. Would be pushed into working weekends, no benefits and a poor wage. Safety was a concern too those days. People would be subject to work in places where arms and legs would be ripped off.

UPS is different from most jobs today. Many people consider standing behind a register of sitting at a desk all day a "real" job, I dont think so. A real job to me is where someone sweats and toils at a given task. To the energy lost doing long and heavy work. What people wont consider work nowadays.

Work with your mind, hands, feet and soul each and every day, see how that works out for you time and time again.

And they said the Industrial Age was a bygone era.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
True, on the surface. If the person was traveling then it is entirely possible. There are anonymity sites but again those are well known. The OP did not go through an anonymizer.
There are tools to see several layers in the packet delivery and one can make rational deductions.
I think it is even better to look at the personal wordings and phraseology, grammar, punctuation and general levels of confrontation.
This OP does not have the "look and feel" of Upstate or Duckguy.