Will I get my job back?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Why would he probably get his job back? I did not hear anything about a Steward being involved. I did no hear for what reason he was asked to turn in his ID and walked out.

Call your BA now and tell him/her you expect your job and back pay.

Accidents happen. Even if it was not an accident, the company did not follow the contract according to my supplement.
You beat me to it. Discharged without a steward present means you get your job back with backpay.

UPSjacks84

Thanks for all the responses guys. I didn't go in today obviously but I did text my supervisor and apologize and he was very accepting and he talked to the full time sup that walked me out and I was told I have my job back and to come in tomorrow but to talk to the full time sup before I head to my belt. As for the dip in our building, tobacco is technically not permitted in the building but it's not really followed as many part time sups and full time sups ask me for a dip from time to time and vice versa. Just don't be an idiot like me and cause a scene with it and no one will say a word.

CharleyHustle

If you don't file to get your pay this incident may be considered a suspension on your record. If you get caught dipping in the building again, by management or a co-worker or whoever, termination could be the next step in progression. Stop chewing in the building TODAY!

UPSjacks84

I never signed anything. I was never given a warning letter. This was not a suspension it was a matter of me doing something incredibly dumb and ignorant and I caused a scene and the outbound sup was temporarily angry so he got me out of the building to defuse a bad situation I caused. I talked to the full time sup that walked me out today and he was laughing about it but said if I'm going to dip in the building do not use a spitter but spit on the belt or in a place where people won't walk in it.

PT Car Washer

I never signed anything. I was never given a warning letter. This was not a suspension it was a matter of me doing something incredibly dumb and ignorant and I caused a scene and the outbound sup was temporarily angry so he got me out of the building to defuse a bad situation I caused. I talked to the full time sup that walked me out today and he was laughing about it but said if I'm going to dip in the building do not use a spitter but spit on the belt or in a place where people won't walk in it.
Spit on the belt? You are completely disgusting. Why not swallow it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Spit on the belt? You are completely disgusting. Why not swallow it.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1429965272.718479.jpg

Because this will happen

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
So today I was picking off like normal and when I pick off I usually have a big dip in. Today I was spitting my dip into a rather large water bottle and sitting it on the grating in the pickoff spot. My supervisor was talking to another employee underneath that grating and I accidentally kicked the spit bottle over and all the dip spit went on top of my supervisors head and down his shirt all the way to his shoes, he was covered. Needless to say, he was heated. He went and told the outbound sup what happened and the outbound sup went and got another employee who was capable of picking off and switched me and him out. He then asked for my building ID and walked me all the way out of the building. I've been at UPS for 6 years now and don't want to be fired. Will I get my job back?
Just call a union steward or your BA. Do it quickly. If I were a betting man you will be back pretty quick. I will say this though and don't take it the wrong way, it's pretty :censored2:ing funny. lol.

Ups has a smoke free and smokeless tobacco policy. I'm willing to bet that your business agent can get statements that other members of the bargaining unit and management do this same thing. What you did was unfortunate but it could have happened with a management person accidentally spilling it on an hourly.