Will Trump Survive The Campaign?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He loves coal miners because they produce COAL.

And coal makes power, energy and heat.

Hillary would rather put them on welfare and have them stay home.

One helps the economy and one grows government and government debt.

They, like everyone with a brain and any pride, would choose Trump in a heartbeat.

And coal miners aren't being put out of work by competition (natural gas), the are being put out of work by Obama and the Democrats environmental regulations.

Obama said he would shut them down, and he has done his best.
Thank God Obama failed at that, like he has failed at most everything he has wanted to do.

Coal is dying because the "free market" is killing it. Natural gas is cleaner and cheaper in most cases, and the economic downturn in China has demand way off. Recently, the former Clinchfield rail route (basically all coal) was closed, probably permanently. What is Trump going to do to bring coal back? Nothing, because he can't bring it back. So, he's just telling the miners what they want to hear in order to get their votes. If he ever becomes President, they will still be unemployed or underemployed miners.

Coal is also quite dangerous from an environmental perspective, but you can't blame Obama on this one. It's your precious free market at-work.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Which workers were affected by his filing bk?

He bought some companies that were going under because of debt.

He could have closed down those companies, layed off the workers and sold off the assets.

But no, he filed for bk protection and some of those companies are still around now, still employing people.

I guess he could have let them go under, you would probably be on here complaining about that too.

Easy to complain about what someone else is taking risks over, when you have no skin in the game.

You are clearly delusional.

Trump filed for bankruptcy in new jersey to BREAK his union contracts with his employees, then got the bailout from the government and rehired new workers for less pay and without union representation.

He did this NOT because he loves the American worker, but because he despises them wanting a living wage.

Geez.

TOS.

BrownArmy

Yes.

If you mean my way.

No.

If you mean your way.

Scalia was an activist judge, not a strict 'constructionist'.

You agree with him when he agrees with you, and he agrees with the Constitution when it agrees with what he already thinks.

Again, man, do some basic research.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Scalia was an activist judge, not a strict 'constructionist'.

You agree with him when he agrees with you, and he agrees with the Constitution when it agrees with what he already thinks.

Again, man, do some basic research.
Scalia was a strict constitutionalist.

What was written, or intended, was how he ruled.

The right to bear arms, was in the Constitution.

A woman's right to kill her unborn baby, not there.

My kind of SC Justice.

realbrown1

You are clearly delusional.

Trump filed for bankruptcy in new jersey to BREAK his union contracts with his employees, then got the bailout from the government and rehired new workers for less pay and without union representation.

He did this NOT because he loves the American worker, but because he despises them wanting a living wage.

Geez.

TOS.
And New Jersey still failed.

Atlantic City was failing, and he tried to save it.

Hardly the first union company to go under.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

My kind of SC Justice.

BrownArmy makes a great point. When the 5/4 court makes a Hobby Lobby kind of decision you're great with it, but if the same court says ObamaCare is legal, then Roberts becomes an "activist".

Scalia was an idiot because the Constitution was intended to be a living document, not a static display piece that requires time travel back to 1776 to interpret. A.S.S. was a reliable vote for anything conservative, just like his protégé, Clarence "Rubber Stamp" Thomas.

Both of these individuals were and are GOP activists.

newfie

Coal is also quite dangerous from an environmental perspective, but you can't blame Obama on this one. It's your precious free market at-work.

you can when Obama has been deliberate in killing off the industry and putting those folks out of work.

realbrown1

BrownArmy makes a great point. When the 5/4 court makes a Hobby Lobby kind of decision you're great with it, but if the same court says ObamaCare is legal, then Roberts becomes an "activist".

Scalia was an idiot because the Constitution was intended to be a living document, not a static display piece that requires time travel back to 1776 to interpret. A.S.S. was a reliable vote for anything conservative, just like his protégé, Clarence "Rubber Stamp" Thomas.

Both of these individuals were and are GOP activists.
You see, freedom of religion is in the Constitution.

Hence, the Hobby Lobby ruling.

Obamacare and healthcare is not in the Constitution, so Robert's screwed us on that one.

BrownArmy

My kind of SC Justice.

No, he wasn't, but again:

You're going to believe whatever you want to believe.

Far be it from me to change your mind.

So, blue pill for you?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
And those are the ONLY times that the Constitution should be INTERPRETED.

The letter or intent, nothing else.

Time to get rid of birthright citizenship, since that was suppose to be applied to new born black Americans who's parents were slaves.

Right to bear arms, means, right to bear arms.

I would add, though shall not kill the unborn, but that's just me.

It is.

The only time it should change, is when WE THE PEOPLE, change it.

Not some sort of new interpretation by 5 old geezers.

"thou shalt" and "9"

Hope this helps.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
And coal miners aren't being put out of work by competition (natural gas), the are being put out of work by Obama and the Democrats environmental regulations.

Here's a little lesson in economics just for you.

The state in which I live produces a lot of coal. The power plants all used to burn coal.

The state in which I live is now one of the largest producers of natural gas. Many (most) of the coal powered plants are now converting to natural gas.

Because it is cheaper.

Blame that on any politician you want, but it is pure economics.

oldngray

nowhere special
Here's a little lesson in economics just for you.

The state in which I live produces a lot of coal. The power plants all used to burn coal.

The state in which I live is now one of the largest producers of natural gas. Many (most) of the coal powered plants are now converting to natural gas.

Because it is cheaper.

Blame that on any politician you want, but it is pure economics.

Say thank you to fracking?