Will Ups hire a 17 year old?

When I started you had to be 21, have your military obligations out of the way and be married to be full time. I worked part time for around 4 months. I got married on the Friday before Memorial Day and was promoted to full time the following Tuesday after the 3 day weekend. 90 days later I was up to full pay scale. It used to be so simple.

Well, except for the marriage part.

Brown808

In Hawaii I wanted my stepson to apply after he graduated but he was still 17. I was told he had to wait till he turned 18 to apply.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Packmule

Hire 'em young. They don't start towards vesting in the pension until their 21. That's three, or four, years of working for other's retirement.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Not true. There is a part time pension that applies toward full time at roughly half the full Time rate. I got hired at 18 as a car washer, spent 5 years there before I got on driving. Today that qualifies me at 2 and a half years full tlme.

Not true. There is a part time pension that applies toward full time at roughly half the full Time rate. I got hired at 18 as a car washer, spent 5 years there before I got on driving. Today that qualifies me at 2 and a half years full tlme.
In my local supplement, UPS doesn't contribute to pensions,until age 21

1403226911666.jpg
Sorry, meant National,not local