Will you cross picket line at Starbucks? 🌈 (Be nice)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Depends on the family member. In-laws? Maybe not.
Think this through. In-law dies, it's you fault, lifetime of nagging by wifey. In-law survives and you face perpetual nagging from all sides!

Now, hospital strike, short staffing, overworked doctors, good chance of something going wrong! You are now the hero that tried to save the day! RIP Mom.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Think this through. In-law dies, it's you fault, lifetime of nagging by wifey. In-law survives and you face perpetual nagging from all sides!

Now, hospital strike, short staffing, overworked doctors, good chance of something going wrong! You are now the hero that tried to save the day! RIP Mom.
🤔

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Starting to think he's a
d70261412d70d0f233689998f5c45f7d17ef09f7r1-283-402v2_uhq.jpg

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Hospital picket line? Do you cross to get a family member life saving treatment?
We do not cross picket lines.

The hospital is free to set up alternative delivery points so that UPS is able to deliver to them without compromising our principles.

If the hospital chooses not to do so, the damages are on their hands, not ours.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

The hospital is free to set up alternative delivery points so that UPS is able to deliver to them without compromising our principles.

I’m so proud….🥲

Wally

Right, but do you cross the picket line to get a family member life saving medical treatment?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Right, but do you cross the picket line to get a family member life saving medical treatment?
This has already been beaten to death. There are (flown in) staff who will treat critical conditions at a striking hospital. However It won't be optimal, it won't be rozy, and they'll turn you away faster than a dime can spin the other direction without regular staff in attendance.

This is especially true if there are more than one hospital in the area.

Wally

This has already been beaten to death. There are (flown in) staff who will treat critical conditions at a striking hospital. However It won't be optimal, it won't be rozy, and they'll turn you away faster than a dime can spin the other direction without regular staff in attendance.

This is especially true if there are more than one hospital in the area.
Some were saying you never cross a picket line so I guess they would drive to another hospital?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Some were saying you never cross a picket line so I guess they would drive to another hospital?
I feel like I am falling into some form of political trap here for saying it but absolutely nobody should be telling you not to seek emergency care at a striking hospital. The strike is for stopping and delaying scheduled and diagnostic care (such as PCP referrals) which would be rescheduled to a different provider and again, you would probably be better off driving to another hospital unless it was such an emergency.

Why someone would be of a political opinion to not honor a starbucks strike is beyond me. Their coffee tastes like dirt anyways it would be a health benefit to not go there lol.

Wally

I feel like I am falling into some form of political trap here for saying it but absolutely nobody should be telling you not to seek emergency care at a striking hospital. The strike is for stopping and delaying scheduled and diagnostic care (such as PCP referrals) which would be rescheduled to a different provider and again, you would probably be better off driving to another hospital unless it was such an emergency.

Why someone would be of a political opinion to not honor a starbucks strike is beyond me. Their coffee tastes like dirt anyways it would be a health benefit to not go there lol.
Strike or no strike, I'm going through a hospital picket line for treatment.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Strike or no strike, I'm going through a hospital picket line for treatment.
This is just a binary vs grey or agentic vs communal commentary on a physical behavior and outcome that we would both perform the same.

You are seeking a "hell yea, I'd cross" but the best you can get out of me is the plot to the movie oppenheimer.

Last edited: