Wonder what we are losing with this AC agreement..

PT Car Washer

I always felt like it was a violation of my basic civil rights to be forced to work O.T. I mean, Lincoln freed the slaves, right?
You are comparing working OT to slavery? I don't believe there are very many slaves earning over a $100k/yr and you can always refuse the work. Slaves don't always have that option.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
You are comparing working OT to slavery? I don't believe there are very many slaves earning over a $100k/yr and you can always refuse the work. Slaves don't always have that option.
Refuse to do extra work here (Central) = job abandonment and insubordination.
I’m talking about a Diad message or Sup directing you, not Saturdays.
That’s also a hill I will die on. I’m not coming in anymore Saturdays outside of peak. Write me up. Fire me. Do what you gotta do. See you at local. Imagine getting fired for not coming in on your scheduled day off.

Zowert

For full Timers it's an end to excessive overtime.
Get on the 9.5 list and grieve every chance you get. I know a lot of centers just pay it out, so you may as well take the money if they’re going to overwork you. It’s like that here, I know a guy that collects over $10k a year in 9.5 grievance money. I pocket an extra $3-5k myself. You wanna throw excessive overtime at us? Alright, you’re going to pay triple time.

RangerMan06

Get on the 9.5 list and grieve every chance you get. I know a lot of centers just pay it out, so you may as well take the money if they’re going to overwork you. It’s like that here, I know a guy that collects over $10k a year in 9.5 grievance money. I pocket an extra $3-5k myself. You wanna throw excessive overtime at us? Alright, you’re going to pay triple time.

That's not good enough. I've made plenty of money and have filed plenty of grievances. There's no reason we shouldn't have a better work-life balance.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
That's not good enough. I've made plenty of money and have filed plenty of grievances. There's no reason we shouldn't have a better work-life balance.
Yep, they yap about, TSP etc etc. But no action...increase stops per car, lower standards what's the give?
Work life balance creates a positive work environment that breeds productivity.

RangerMan06

Yep, they yap about, TSP etc etc. But no action...increase stops per car, lower standards what's the give?
Work life balance creates a positive work environment that breeds productivity.
Well Said! I'll for sure be a NO vote if we don't get 9.5 day one penalty and guaranteed 8 hr request clock out.

Thebrownblob

Well Said! I'll for sure be a NO vote if we don't get 9.5 day one penalty and guaranteed 8 hr request clock out.
I doubt will get 9.5 one day penalty. We already lost an arbitration case about what the word “continual” means in our contract.

And here we already have a local agreement that we can bring back our load if we have not had our eight hour day adjusted.

RangerMan06

I doubt will get 9.5 one day penalty. We already lost an arbitration case about what the word “continual” means in our contract.

And here we already have a local agreement that we can bring back our load if we have not had our eight hour day adjusted.
Well get it if we all stand together.