Wonder what we are losing with this AC agreement..

Thebrownblob

Well get it if we all stand together.
The only way you’re going to get it is if the negotiator’s negotiate the word continual out of the contract and I don’t think they are going to and I don’t believe UPS has any reason to agree to that since they won the arbitration.

In that instance, we would have to vote down whatever contract is presented to us go on strike and wait for a new agreement. I do not believe that will happen. I’m just being realistic.
I do believe we can get eight hour day return to building if it’s not adjusted, in the contract.

I do however hope the negotiators get automatic, 9.5 payment if you’re on 9.5 list no grievance necessary. Should be just like overtime and would be a deterrent to the company because they are hoping many don’t file and they can horse trade.

RangerMan06

The only way you’re going to get it is if the negotiator’s negotiate the word continual out of the contract and I don’t think they are going to and I don’t believe UPS has any reason to agree to that since they won the arbitration.

In that instance, we would have to vote down whatever contract is presented to us go on strike and wait for a new agreement. I do not believe that will happen. I’m just being realistic.
I do believe we can get eight hour day return to building if it’s not adjusted, in the contract.
I respectfully disagree. There's enough pissed off drivers here that will vote down any contract that doesn't include far better overtime protections

Zowert

That's not good enough. I've made plenty of money and have filed plenty of grievances. There's no reason we shouldn't have a better work-life balance.
I wasn’t disagreeing with you, just saying take the money. I’d like a 4 day work week but I know that will never happen at UPS. That’s probably the only thing Amazon drivers have going for them, 3 days off a week.

Zowert

No way I'd be interested in delivering at 7pm or later for straight time.
To each their own. Getting done before 6:30pm in my area sucks. You sit in traffic for at least 30 minutes driving back to center then I sit in traffic for up to 45 minutes going home, I only live 10 miles from work too. It’s that bad. When there is a wreck on the interstate you’re screwed for a couple hours. Four 10’s, getting off after 7pm, I wouldn’t mind.

Johney

To each their own. Getting done before 6:30pm in my area sucks. You sit in traffic for at least 30 minutes driving back to center then I sit in traffic for up to 45 minutes going home, I only live 10 miles from work too. It’s that bad. When there is a wreck on the interstate you’re screwed for a couple hours. Four 10’s, getting off after 7pm, I wouldn’t mind.
Four 10’s mean’s o/t after 10 hours keep that in mind. That’s how feeders does it so I’d think package would do the same.

Trucker Clock

Get on the 9.5 list and grieve every chance you get. I know a lot of centers just pay it out, so you may as well take the money if they’re going to overwork you. It’s like that here, I know a guy that collects over $10k a year in 9.5 grievance money. I pocket an extra $3-5k myself. You wanna throw excessive overtime at us? Alright, you’re going to pay triple time.

I have no issues with drivers filing 9.5 grievances who are forced to work over 9.5. But aren't you the one who volunteers to help out another driver deliver over 70's, putting you over 9.5, then filing for the penalty? They didn't throw it at you, you volunteered.

And we bitch about UPS working the system. I guess we know where they learned it from.

textat3

I have no issues with drivers filing 9.5 grievances who are forced to work over 9.5. But aren't you the one who volunteers to help out another driver deliver over 70's, putting you over 9.5, then filing for the penalty? They didn't throw it at you, you volunteered.

And we bitch about UPS working the system. I guess we know where they learned it from.
Doesn’t matter what he does. He uses the contract to benefit himself.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
The reason we don’t is because we don’t have it written in contract, until it’s written it’s not guaranteed.
It’s sad that it has to be a legal document that forces UPS to let us have a work life balance. I’ve heard stories that there was this one guy named Jim Casey…

Trucker Clock

It’s sad that it has to be a legal document that forces UPS to let us have a work life balance. I’ve heard stories that there was this one guy named Jim Casey…

Back in the day……

It actually was fairly nice. I worked about 8.5 to 9 hours per day, as did most drivers unless they wanted the OT.

The Company’s attitude changed, I believe, when they went public.

They used to kind of care. I was home by 6:30 almost every day as was every driver who wanted to be. 9.5 was never an issue.

Now, it’s all about the shareholders, stock price and making as much money as possible, screwing everyone who works for them. And this also includes low level management.

If you’re not district level management, expect to get screwed everyday and expect no life outside of UPS.

I met Jim Casey on multiple occasions and I can guarantee that he would be so pissed as to how his Company now treats its employees.

rod

Retired 22 years
I couldn't do that commute. It took me 6 minutes and 45 seconds to get to work. I usually hit the time clock with 1 or 2 clicks to spare. Going home was a different story. Sometimes that would take a couple hours being my 2 favorite saloons were between work and my house.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I couldn't do that commute. It took me 6 minutes and 45 seconds to get to work. I usually hit the time clock with 1 or 2 clicks to spare. Going home was a different story. Sometimes that would take a couple hours being my 2 favorite saloons were between work and my house.
I was lucky too, I lived 7 miles from the barn.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
All the stuff they're negotiating right now is all Nickel dime stuff
Most of it.

Didn't know inward facing camera and the use of technology for discipline I think it's a very big win
A lot of the stuff coming out we either already have or not a big win if you read between the lines.

No being disciplined by technology alone. Cool, already have that.

Supervisors must wear name tags. This is a dumb one to begin with, but again, already have that.

Package cars purchased AFTER January 2024 must have AC. Those purchased before get two fans. We had two fans for a decade now, they don’t do enough. What’s stopping the company from loading up on new cars before the deadline to get around this?

Part timers may now transfer for reasons other than academic. Ok, that’s a good one.

Everything coming out so far has been fluff. We will get to the meat and potatoes in the coming days/weeks and there ain’t no 2/3 rule to save them this time.

A lot of the stuff coming out we either already have or not a big win if you read between the lines.

No being disciplined by technology alone. Cool, already have that.

Supervisors must wear name tags. This is a dumb one to begin with, but again, already have that.

Package cars purchased AFTER January 2024 must have AC. Those purchased before get two fans. We had two fans for a decade now, they don’t do enough. What’s stopping the company from loading up on new cars before the deadline to get around this?

Part timers may now transfer for reasons other than academic. Ok, that’s a good one.

Everything coming out so far has been fluff. We will get to the meat and potatoes in the coming days/weeks and there ain’t no 2/3 rule to save them this time.
Hold on