Work shoes over boots for package handler?

Pavedroad

I start soon as a package handler and was told work boots are required. I have reebok work shoes that are slip resistant and have composite toe. Will this be fine? They have all the features as work boots but are just work shoes. Thanks for the response

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I start soon as a package handler and was told work boots are required. I have reebok work shoes that are slip resistant and have composite toe. Will this be fine? They have all the features as work boots but are just work shoes. Thanks for the response
Google model number, and then look at the specifications. As long as you see safety toe, and slip resistant, you should be good. They should cover the ankle as well, hence the term work boots. Once you’re in for a year or two nobody’s gonna give a damn you can come in wearing hot pink stilettos

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
If you wear jeans I’m pretty sure you can get away with not having the height, but shorts and it’s obvious so I just depends a if you wear jeans I’m pretty sure you can get away with not having the height, but shorts and it’s obvious so it’s just depends if they’re picky about it at your building/shift

It has happened though, package handlers being sent home for it has happened though, package handlers being sent home for inappropriate footwear even though they had years of seniority.

From left to right: yes, no, yes
image.jpg

What I used to wear: (COMFORTABLE!)
image.jpg

Pavedroad

Google model number, and then look at the specifications. As long as you see safety toe, and slip resistant, you should be good. They should cover the ankle as well, hence the term work boots. Once you’re in for a year or two nobody’s gonna give a damn you can come in wearing hot pink stilettos
They cover them both but don't cover ankle. Is that an issue?

chicken alfredo

They cover them both but don't cover ankle. Is that an issue?
If you ever twist an ankle it will definitely become an issue ..we had some one twist an ankle and they were wearing low cut boots ..next thing you know the center manager requires everyone to have ankle support boots or get written up

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If you ever twist an ankle it will definitely become an issue ..we had some one twist an ankle and they were wearing low cut boots ..next thing you know the center manager requires everyone to have ankle support boots or get written up

show me some language about “ankle support boots”

you got played super trooper

zimbomb

My local is dark, slip resistant, leather upper. I wear black new balance walking shoes ~$50 and buy new one's every 4-6 months.

JJinVA

I know the supes at our center have been sending people home for wearing sneakers to work. But the truth is, you really should be wearing protective shoes being you will handle far more volume than a driver. If you end up in unload, youll be moving anywhere from 5000-8000 packages a day per team. Lots of irregs that weigh over 70lbs. The potential to drop one of those 8000 packages on your toes is extremely high. My first week in unload I dropped a 6" box full of steel bolts on my ankle that turned the entire bottom of my foot black. Not sure what I ruptured but I didnt tell anyone cause I didnt want them to think I was accident prone and disqualify me lol. Hurt like friggin heck though and my ankle was swollen for three weeks straight. Had to fight to put my shoes on.

Hot Carl

When I was on preload I always wore steel-toed boots with ankle support. Sure they hurt like hell at first but once you break them in, you're set. No more ankle sprains or dropping irregs on your toes.