Workers Comp after transfer to different state

fedexnyc

Sorry for another question.Has anyone ever been hurt in one state and then need care again after moving?
No help from Hcmp of course.Told me I have to go back to New York which we arent even allowed in right now.

It will be fine

Sorry for another question.Has anyone ever been hurt in one state and then need care again after moving?
No help from Hcmp of course.Told me I have to go back to New York which we arent even allowed in right now.
Your injury should follow the law under the state you were injured in. Where you receive care doesn’t matter. Your insurance needs to follow the laws of New York for your claim so you’d have to look those up.

fedexnyc

Your injury should follow the law under the state you were injured in. Where you receive care doesn’t matter. Your insurance needs to follow the laws of New York for your claim so you’d have to look those up.
Well they told me it's up to the doctor to bill NY workers comp and no one wants too

It will be fine

Well they told me it's up to the doctor to bill NY workers comp and no one wants too
Strange. Most doctors like work Comp since it’s basically an open checkbook. I don’t see why it would be an issue if you have the insurance and claim info. If you really need the care you can always pay through your normal health insurance and tell them to fight Comp for reimbursement.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Strange. Most doctors like work Comp since it’s basically an open checkbook. I don’t see why it would be an issue if you have the insurance and claim info. If you really need the care you can always pay through your normal health insurance and tell them to fight Comp for reimbursement.
What planet are you on again? Health insurance will simply deny the claim, leaving the patient on the hook for the bill.

It will be fine

What planet are you on again? Health insurance will simply deny the claim, leaving the patient on the hook for the bill.
Maybe, but I doubt it. That’s why I said if you really need the care. If it’s not a real need he can spend however long fighting Comp. If he needs care right now he can use his insurance and figure it all out later. He can self pay and fight Comp for reimbursement too. It all depends on how serious the issue is.