Working off the clock

NXA

Not sure what to actually do about it, so I'm just gonna gripe.

In our center, working off the clock is almost an epidemic. 10+% of our drivers, on any given morning, are in 30-45 mins early sorting and loading.

This is BS because it takes bargaining unit labor from folks who need it.

This is also BS because the routes blow up with work, and someone (in this case me) who works hard on the clock can't get it done, and we look bad and take heat.

Gah! I'm sick of it!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

In our center, working off the clock is almost an epidemic. 10+% of our drivers, on any given morning, are in 30-45 mins early sorting and loading.

This is also BS because the routes blow up with work, and someone (in this case me) who works hard on the clock can't get it done, and we look bad and take heat.

Gah! I'm sick of it!
File

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Gah! I'm sick of it!
File they aren't allowed to work for free.....it's in the contract

Returntosender

A loader got hurt, bad working off the clock, 30 minutes before start. EMT came and took employee to hospital. Guy tripped over some packages and fell right "throat" onto a wooden crate. Employee started to slowly suffocate the swelling was restricting the airway. Management tried to lie about it EMT report did not match company report.

Get hurt off the clock management goes into panic mode.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a driver who hurt his back loading packages off the clock. The center manager drove him to the ER. I would have loved to have heard that one-sided conversation.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
File. I appreciate the free work, but I hate hate hate when people do it. You wouldn't work for free all day. Why would you work for free loading? It doesn't make sense

Eye To Eye Contact.

Gah! I'm sick of it!
If you were a driver you would understand . any driver knows you cant really trust preload . at the end of the day its our route and pur truck your loading. we need and must know where things are before we leave .. not to mention air needing to be off at 1030 and yall wanna load it right in the middle of the truck behind a big box so we cant find it .. we do it to cllean up yalls mess

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If you were a driver you would understand . any driver knows you cant really trust preload . at the end of the day its our route and pur truck your loading. we need and must know where things are before we leave .. not to mention air needing to be off at 1030 and yall wanna load it right in the middle of the truck behind a big box so we cant find it .. we do it to cllean up yalls mess
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1446671349.215447.jpg

tacken

File, complain, cry ,whine, do all of that. And see what happens nothing will happen. Management wishes all would give some of there day away for free. Just helps their wrap up time.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If you're qualifying I get what you're saying. But once you qualified, no.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Ummm I'm a driver and I understand one thing: YOU DONT WORK FOR FREE EVER!

If you can't do this job by the methods, while on the clock, then sorry, you just might not be cut out for it.

Eye To Eye Contact.

Neither does this
come on . its not hard to understand what im saying . we just work off the clock to help us out . thats it not . not to steal work or anything .. it just helps us out to have a little knowledge where certain stops are located in the package car. we all have one goal in mind . just make things run smooth and go home thats it

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
come on . its not hard to understand what im saying . we just work off the clock to help us out . thats it not . not to steal work or anything .. it just helps us out to have a little knowledge where certain stops are located in the package car. we all have one goal in mind . just make things run smooth and go home thats it
I bet the extra pay would help at home.