Would FedEx ever be this stupid?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by dezguy, Feb 27, 2014.

1. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

http://247wallst.com/autos/2014/02/27/volvo-offers-food-delivery-to-its-cars/

Volvo has introduced new technology that allows it's car owners to have food deliveries made directly to their car. If this catches on and other car companies start putting this technology in their vehicles, how long until FedEx has us following cars around to make a delivery. Sounds far fetched, I know but with more and more people making purchases online, and FedEx losing money on deliveries to resi's where the con isn't home, would it be that far a stretch for Fred and company to have us chasing people around town?

2. Rainman

Rainman Its all good.

A lot of other things have happened that we never thought we would see. Of they do it UPS won't be far behind. Unless they do it first.

Sent using BrownCafe App

3. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

Never underestimate the bottomless depths this company will go in order to achieve stupid.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

If it's stupid then marketing will be all over it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Slick silver

Slick silver Active Member

What are u talking about... Dispatch sends me a message sometimes to meet people around town already if they weren't home when I attempted a delivery. Wouldn't surprise me if it became a usual event everyday

Sent using BrownCafe App

6. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

7. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Well-said. Whatever it takes to achieve maximum lunacy...FedEx is there.

8. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

We had a software update on the powerpads a few months back that added same day stops on the commit and non commit stop count screen. If they're considering same day pups and dels, I guess something like this wouldn't be out of the question...

9. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

As someone else said, if UPS does it, we will do it. This would be an absolutely horrible idea, which almost guarantees that they are strongly considering it. You always need to remember that the people who make the decisions at FedEx are hopelessly out of touch with reality.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Consumer demands are what ultimately lead to new or changes to current service offerings and, yes, if you guys are doing it we will follow shortly thereafter and vice versa.

11. Jointhe99Percent

Jointhe99Percent New Member

Companies surely steal from each other. Ideals I mean.

12. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

and the drivers on all sides of the fence are notoriously stubborn and resistant to change.

13. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

You talk the big talk, but you've never been a driver because you don't like to get your hands dirty and then you think we should be grateful for all the takeaways we've put up with over the years? You're clueless as corporate.