Write up

MrBrown

I'm my area airs are left under the belt and the driver can verify and load them as they see fit. Works well and should be the norm

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
What if you have air in bulk stops or buried on the shelves behind bulk stops? Serious question, as it's happened to me once.

Just let them know as soon as you can. Sometimes you get out there and can't find them in the mess that gets sent out for a load.

It used to happen here all the time. First, they say they don't want you to sort your shelves. Then, they say they need you to dig through the whole load to find a misloaded nda. Then it turns out it's in another PC and now you're behind from that bs. And, if you're maxed out on bulk, is not always practical or even possible to check the whole PC. Like at peak, for instance.

Just do your very best, let them know what's going on, and let them tell you how they want you to proceed. Sometimes digging for one lost nda will make you late for one you can see. Then you can only cut your losses and keep moving.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I must say... Our pcs are packed so gosh darn tight ... It's hard to do a good , thorough pre trip .

But because of this thread, I been checking extra good and Friday found a screw in my tire . Notified sup
And he said you should be fine . So
If I got a flat , I woulda been fine .

Thnx bc

Yeah, I'd let that sup know I was calling the DOT to find out if it is legal to knowing leave with a screw in your tire--hint, it's not--and let him know you were going mention his name. Your situation should've been resolved at the shop by getting a new tire. If you need help with airs or regular stops, that's when your supervisor should have started doing his job.

Ecw21411

I've been out of PC for 5 years. I've never heard of a PC pre-trip NOT including checking the oil. Either your area is different, or they just changed it. It is completely out of the mentality of management to leave an opening for an engine failure that could be pinned on the driver. Hence, requiring the driver to keep track of the oil level.

Maybe it's just different in your area. But in my 26 years of driving, between PC and feeders, I've ALWAYS been responsible for checking all of the fluids in my vehicles.
In our center our car washer checks all fluids twice a week

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
Don't work off the clock. Do a proper pretrip. If getting fuel in the morning can potentially cause you to have late nda notify your center management team with a message via the diad. Then deliver nda packages only to show you made an effort to get them delivered on time. Avoids warning letter for lack of fuel/proper pretrip and late nda...problem solved.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
When it boils down to it NO one cares or has sympathy for ANY strikers. Who cares. You aren't striking to get approval of others--you are striking to be able to maintain what others have fought for or maybe even try to gain a little. You should just hang up the delivery job and spend your remaining days in management where you would be much happier.
He tried that

3 times

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I drive by the Verizon picket line at least twice a day. There is very little public support for their strike. I have little sympathy for their cause and really wish they would just go back to work.

We have a 22.3 who takes care of all of that stuff for us. I would be hard pressed to find the oil dipstick without help.
Actually once again you are very wrong. The public was very supportive of the verizon strike. My cousin is a lineman for them and was on strike. You have no idea their issues. I will tell you it was mostly outsourcing.

I've always wondered why if you hate all things union, do you continue to work at a union shop? Go use that big degree and get into management. Why hasn't that happened?
Because for all your narcissism , deep down you're scared of actually doing anything without protections like a contract. It's written all over your hypocritical stances and replies.

When you retire next year, the party they have won't be for you. It'll be for the guys that had to survive putting up with you.

Bubble head is right. You are the definition of a scab and everything that is wrong at ups or any other union shop.

35years

Gravy route
I've always wondered why if you hate all things union, do you continue to work at a union shop? Go use that big degree and get into management. Why hasn't that happened?
Because for all your narcissism , deep down you're scared of actually doing anything without protections like a contract. It's written all over your hypocritical stances and replies.

Dave was an off the street hire who applied twice for management.
I hope this gives you some insight into his replies.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actually once again you are very wrong. The public was very supportive of the verizon strike. My cousin is a lineman for them and was on strike. You have no idea their issues. I will tell you it was mostly outsourcing.

When you retire next year, the party they have won't be for you. It'll be for the guys that had to survive putting up with you.

Bubble head is right. You are the definition of a scab and everything that is wrong at ups or any other union shop.

Locally the striking workers set up their picket line outside of a Verizon Wireless store in a very busy retail complex. As I said above, there was very little support from those who drove by, whether it be dropping off food and water or simply honking their horn.

Our local paper had an in depth article on the events that led up to this walkout and while it would suck to be forced to live away from your family for months at a time $40+/hr would soothe the pain.

I don't want a party. All I want is a handshake and a sincere "thank you". I am not going to drag my kids and their spouses/children up here-----we will have our own celebration at a date and time convenient for everyone.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You should add the 8 years that I was on active duty and the 4 years that I spent earning my degree as both of those experiences have helped to form my outlook on life.

I have a very strong work ethic and strive to do the best that I can at whatever I do and become upset with those for whom "good enough" is their motto.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Locally the striking workers set up their picket line outside of a Verizon Wireless store in a very busy retail complex. As I said above, there was very little support from those who drove by, whether it be dropping off food and water or simply honking their horn.

Our local paper had an in depth article on the events that led up to this walkout and while it would suck to be forced to live away from your family for months at a time $40+/hr would soothe the pain.

I don't want a party. All I want is a handshake and a sincere "thank you". I am not going to drag my kids and their spouses/children up here-----we will have our own celebration at a date and time convenient for everyone.
It was more than that. They were fighting outsourcing and mandatory moving. My cousin in PA said the public was very supportive. Either way, they just struck a deal and won what they were fighting for with Verizon. Showing that solidarity does affect change for the positive.

As far as your retirement , did you ever ponder that if you weren't so "difficult " that maybe you'd get that genuine "thank you" from the guys you work with more than the company? That says more about respect than anything.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You should add the 8 years that I was on active duty and the 4 years that I spent earning my degree as both of those experiences have helped to form my outlook on life.

I have a very strong work ethic and strive to do the best that I can at whatever I do and become upset with those for whom "good enough" is their motto.
Then why didn't ups management want you as their own??

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Then why didn't ups management want you as their own??
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1464629766.036321.jpg

35years

Gravy route

First off...
Thank you for your service!

I understand having a good work ethic, and I would say that 95% of UPS drivers have a strong work ethic.

However, you can have a strong work ethic and a healthy respect for the contract (which UPS voluntarily entered into). You have shown a strong predilection for taking management's side on issues even when they are wrong. We are not working for the military here, and an expectation for blind obedience is not respectful of the dignity of hourly workers.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
First off...
Thank you for your service!

I understand having a good work ethic, and I would say that 95% of UPS drivers have a strong work ethic.

However, you can have a strong work ethic and a healthy respect for the contract (which UPS voluntarily entered into). You have shown a strong predilection for taking management's side on issues even when they are wrong. We are not working for the military here, and an expectation for blind obedience is not respectful of the dignity of hourly workers.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1464644131.124487.jpg