You know you have a crappy route area when...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
So last week there was a homicide in the city that I deliver in and of course it had to be my area. Two days afterwards I had to deliver to the house right where the damn shooting happened. (teenager was gunned down on the sidewalk right outside).

Cut to a couple of days ago. A PoS mother left her toddler home alone while she went out of town overnight. The next day the child was found by a neighbor crying out in the street down the block from her apartment hungry and scared. Of course...yup you guessed it...also on my route area and I had to deliver to a neighbor today. I'm gonna have a really hard time holding it together if I have to deliver to this PoS (yes she's already out on bail).
Looking forward to next bid.

Last edited:

9.5er

There was some sort of drive by shooting a couple days ago. 7 year old was killed. Yep I cover that area frequently. Saw the news report and immediately knew where it was.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yeah, I don't regret taking the route, but 2 years is going to be enough city driving for me. If I can't bid a decent area in the city next time I'll go back to cover in the woods.

So last week there was a homicide in the city that I deliver in and of course it had to be my area. Two days afterwards I had to deliver to the house right where the damn shooting happened. (teenager was gunned down on the sidewalk right outside).

Cut to a couple of days ago. A PoS mother left her toddler home alone while she went out of town overnight. The next day the child was found by a neighbor crying out in the street down the block from her apartment hungry and scared. Of course...yup you guessed it...also on my route area and I had to deliver to a neighbor today. I'm gonna have a really hard time holding it together if I have to deliver to this PoS (yes she's already out on bail).
Looking forward to next bid.
I deliver in Gods country and some hilljack cut his wife's head off a couple years back. That stuff happens everywhere.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I used to deliver in a bad part of town when i first started driving,I;d get nervous sitting at Red Lights

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I had a scare the other day. Some guys were working around an electrical box by an intersection in one of my villages. I feared I might be getting my first traffic signal. Luckily it wasn't that.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
No ghettos on my route, just hostile cattle. And hillbillies. And pot farmers. And a few right-wing survivalist prepper types...but since I am the one delivering their guns and ammo they usually treat me pretty well.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have people shot on my route almost weekly. 3 in the same apt house. 1 At a red light where I deliver 2 convenient stores. Just the other day, barely made the news. One last year,, at one house, and the next day it got burnt down, rioting in the street, cops, swat, dea, no big deal, just skip that section. They mostly receive meds, phones, replacement food cards, diapers, ensure, weed, flat screens, and big wheels. Busy section for people who have no money.