“A fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay"

jace1319

sure.... so how you explain division managers and so on? oh thats right they started as a sup and didnt get anywhere in the company. and like i said previously management isnt for everyone. so they come and go just like any other job.

hembone

sure.... so how you explain division managers and so on? oh thats right they started as a sup and didnt get anywhere in the company. and like i said previously management isnt for everyone. so they come and go just like any other job.
Most upper management I've met didn't have your attitude towards the employees.

jace1319

most doesnt mean all.. =] i really like union employees dont misjudge my attitude for lazy employees i just feel they need to be work with. i think you got the wrong perception. I'm just saying.. lets all do our job ..and look for a better day. after all we're all humans not machines which i completely understand but at the end of the day one might feel like they're being taken advantage of.. might be a union member or might be a management person.

hembone

most doesnt mean all.. =] i really like union employees dont misjudge my attitude for lazy employees i just feel they need to be work with. i think you got the wrong perception. I'm just saying.. lets all do our job ..and look for a better day. after all we're all humans not machines which i completely understand but at the end of the day one might feel like they're being taken advantage of.. might be a union member or might be a management person.
I totally believe in earning your money and drivers resent a lazy driver as much as the supervisor does. I've known people on both sides (hourly and management) that had an us against them attitude. I steered away from both. You get a lot more done, in a much more pleasant workplace, if you get along.

jace1319

I totally believe in earning your money and drivers resent a lazy driver as much as the supervisor does. I've known people on both sides (hourly and management) that had an us against them attitude. I steered away from both. You get a lot more done, in a much more pleasant workplace, if you get along.

thats more like it =]

Omega man

There are plenty of ways to determine this. The best is to get the production of all the employees then if you are the bottom 10% would be in jeopardy of not working in a "fair days work fair days pay". After all if you are not in the top 90% how fair is it to the top 10%. Would UPS push it, no. Why do I say this? No employee has been fired for misloads. In fact there are only a couple reason's why a hourly employee gets fired at UPS. Attendance, not working as directed (which is rarely enforced or sought after), stealing, harassment and physical altercations. Anything else would take to much time for our expensive lawyers to try and take care of. This is in the contract, but will they enforce it no. As to supervisors not working WE CAN WORK IF NOT ENOUGH COLLECTIVE BARGAINING UNITS (i.e. hourly employees) SHOW UP TO WORK. IF THE BUILDING IS SHORT PEOPLE BECAUSE OF ABSENTEEISM I WILL BE WORKING BECAUSE, IN THE UNION CONTRACT, IT SAYS I CAN. GRIEVE ME AND IT WILL BE OVERTURNED, SO TELL YOUR CO-WORKERS TO SHOW UP TO WORK SO I DON'T HAVE TO WORK.

How about hiring enough people and making the proper allowances for their contractual sick days?

Jace you have no one but yourself to blame for your anger towards your hourlies. You accepted the job as PT sup knowing full well the stresses/inconveniences/challenges of the job. Rather than whining like a little girl on here, how about you figure out how to deal with it in a way that doesn't make your workers hate you and doesn't give you a heart attack in the future.

The one thing I don't understand is why you care so much about how fast/slow your employees work... How often do you get reprimanded by superiors, or threatened because of the speed at which ur hourlies operate?

jace1319

Jace you have no one but yourself to blame for your anger towards your hourlies. You accepted the job as PT sup knowing full well the stresses/inconveniences/challenges of the job. Rather than whining like a little girl on here, how about you figure out how to deal with it in a way that doesn't make your workers hate you and doesn't give you a heart attack in the future.

The one thing I don't understand is why you care so much about how fast/slow your employees work... How often do you get reprimanded by superiors, or threatened because of the speed at which ur hourlies operate?

umm okay???? ... actually im not stressed at all..the ones being stressed out are the hourlies lol knowing their isnt much they can do except work at a steady pace while i kick back bs'ing on my phone. Of course i accepted the job why not? i dont get yelled at for production if any.. i only get comments on how to improve an employees behavior or to retrain on methods =]. so yea i dont get threatened or reprimanded by superiors ..sorry try again i dont know what cloud your on..I mean.. where do you get this information from? and for the RECORD... and this is a fact to.. i never ever heard of a management person get fired for production.. have you? i dont think so.

menotyou

bella amicizia
umm okay???? ... actually im not stressed at all..the ones being stressed out are the hourlies lol knowing their isnt much they can do except work at a steady pace while i kick back bs'ing on my phone. Of course i accepted the job why not? i dont get yelled at for production if any.. i only get comments on how to improve an employees behavior or to retrain on methods =]. so yea i dont get threatened or reprimanded by superiors ..sorry try again i dont know what cloud your on..I mean.. where do you get this information from? and for the RECORD... and this is a fact to.. i never ever heard of a management person get fired for production.. have you? i dont think so.
Fired, no. Forced to quit or retire, yes. And having heard those 7:10 phone calls, you are outright lying about supervisors not yelling at you. They yell at EVERYONE! Can't wait to get back and be cause of more yelling about worthless arrogant supervisors like you. Won't be the first to quit because of me, and wont be the last.
Have a great day!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Fired, no. Forced to quit or retire, yes. And having heard those 7:10 phone calls, you are outright lying about supervisors not yelling at you. They yell at EVERYONE! Can't wait to get back and be cause of more yelling about worthless arrogant supervisors like you. Won't be the first to quit because of me, and wont be the last.
Have a great day!

I understand you live in New York and that culture but in the South, yelling at others is not tolerated.
It's behind closed doors and you can get reamed pretty well but not out in the open.

We have to "condition" Yankees who come down south and start yelling at people .. it does not work and it is not safe.

hypocrisy

Banned
It's behind closed doors out here in the West too (I love saying "out here" when it's just here, and it takes a New Yorker exactly .00000235 seconds to say that in a conversation).

Problem is, the offices aren't exactly soundproofed and those higher ups yell so loud you can see the OMS's cringing. We used to have a special smile on our faces after Tuesdays conference call.

I've seen plenty of management demoted till they quit because of production. There is a former center manager I know who is an on-road now. How he can go to work every day I'll never know.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Jace, for the sake of UPS'ers who "work for you," I really hope you're a troll.
Whomever he is, he has spent quite a bit a time familiarizing himself with details about me. The slic in his name has not gone unnoticed, either.
To have that much time on his hands dedicated to me is a guarantee that he is at least worthy of a my thinking he has been in a corner once or twice with something bordering on fat.

jace1319

I wonder if you would feel the same if it was upclose and personal. By the way im alot nicer in person but lets get it straight i do say it how it is and always in a professional manner. =]