“Rookie Club”

Saca La

What is it?
So 2 peak season ago, the center manager then, started this club called “The Rookie Club”. Anyone who has been driving for less than 2 years had to show up 10 minutes early and meet upstairs in the conference room. At the time, it was peak season and we had a bunch of new drivers, including me. So I understand why he started it. After peak season was over, I stopped going upstairs cause I thought it wasn’t really necessary. But they kept the “club” and didn’t say anything to me for not going. Fast forward to now. We have a new really :censored2:ty center manager and he sends me a message through the diad today saying that I need to start going to the rookie club in the morning from now on. It’s a free 10 min of pay everyday, but I can be very forgetful and will forget to go.

My question is, on what grounds does he have to discipline me for not showing up everyday. Again, it’s not like I don’t want to go. But I will forget. And he’s not the kind of guy to be reasonable with. It’s like talking to a wall with him. I already have a warning letter too.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So 2 peak season ago, the center manager then, started this club called “The Rookie Club”. Anyone who has been driving for less than 2 years had to show up 10 minutes early and meet upstairs in the conference room. At the time, it was peak season and we had a bunch of new drivers, including me. So I understand why he started it. After peak season was over, I stopped going upstairs cause I thought it wasn’t really necessary. But they kept the “club” and didn’t say anything to me for not going. Fast forward to now. We have a new really :censored2:ty center manager and he sends me a message through the diad today saying that I need to start going to the rookie club in the morning from now on. It’s a free 10 min of pay everyday, but I can be very forgetful and will forget to go.

My question is, on what grounds does he have to discipline me for not showing up everyday. Again, it’s not like I don’t want to go. But I will forget. And he’s not the kind of guy to be reasonable with. It’s like talking to a wall with him. I already have a warning letter too.

Your start time is now 10 minutes earlier
What’s the big deal

Maybe you can have your mom wake you up 10 minutes earlier

SMH

Indecisi0n

If you can remember to delivery your air by 10:30 you can rember to be at work everyday 10 minutes early ......rookie.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's a good question but at the same time his center manager could rectify that easily and he'd still have to show up.
Yes just saying. I’ve gotten a million messages at 10 am saying safety meeting 10,20,30 min before start time tomorrow. I’ve never showed up to one (need 24 hours notice of start time change) never heard a word about it.

barnyard

KTM rider
9.5 would also be 10 minutes earlier
Possibly not.
I was talking to a couple of guys in Montana (1 in Havre, the other in Glendive,) they are both on the 9/5 list and are both forced to work the driver sort. They were told by the union, that the sort time does not count towards a 9/5 planned day.

Also, if the rookie has less than 2 years, he/she cannot be on the 9/5 list yet.