10 hour mondays

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
lol monday every driver was in and gone by 7 but on Tuesday nobody was in the building before 9. great day yesterday. 2000 plus packages over forecast for the center, a preloader smashed into a package car leaving the parking lot and some upper manager got walked out by security

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Hate to say it BUG, he’s a twilight insider.

He should enjoy the 5 hours of OT he just got.

Ah.... your right.

I didn't check his previous posts, and assumed he was a new driver.

10 hrs on his 4th day inside. I'm a little more sympathetic now. (just a little)

:biggrin:

Mooseknuckle

It’s called a work ethic?

Life isn’t peaches and cherries jubilee.
First day as a loader

You’ve been at UPS what, about a week? Two? This is how they weed people out. They push you until you break. Or don’t. Those that do, quit. Those that don’t, build a carrier.

This job isn’t for everyone. Do it, or don’t. I don’t care. Just don’t say we didn’t warn you.
I agree with everything you said except the peaches and cherries jubilee. I would've said ice cream and cha chas.

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
I agree with everything you said except the peaches and cherries jubilee. I would've said ice cream and cha chas.

I read the post before I had my morning coffee. He got my grumpy side. :sleeping:

Working 10 hours in one day is a PT job?

It didn’t link the way I’d hoped, but Tom posted elsewhere that he just started on the Twilight shift. I linked his original post to my previous reply.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It’s called a work ethic?

Life isn’t peaches and cherries jubilee.
First day as a loader

You’ve been at UPS what, about a week? Two? This is how they weed people out. They push you until you break. Or don’t. Those that do, quit. Those that don’t, build a carrier.

This job isn’t for everyone. Do it, or don’t. I don’t care. Just don’t say we didn’t warn you.
What kind of carrier would he build? Aircraft?

KoennenTiger

Mondays absolutely crush business-oriented routes. Most of the mixed routes stay the same and the resi runs can even have less work than usual unless cuts were passed off to them.

I hate Mondays now. They cut as many routes as they can and then try to shove every business next to me to me. I just call in for help every single Monday and my favorite runner gunner gets to come take some of my buzzies and the sad lad doesn't get to go home at 3:30.

Then when I'm done with my last pu I just work really safe and get my OT. I will say mngmt gets it but they have to do what corporate says. I'm down 40 resis? Sure just give me 60 more businesses. I'll miss them, and they know it now. So they just tell a runner he has to come take them off my truck.

At this point it's just an open joke in the morning. Why not just load them on resi runner gunners truck in the first place?

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
I had a feeling the OP wasn't a driver once he said 10 hour Monday.

I remember loading during peak in my second year and working a 10 hour shift on a Sunday. It was the first time they ever called 3 breaks and I was shocked. This was when they never even gave us a lunch, they just called breaks. Since I was a young scrappy 19 year old the long hours wasn't as tough on my body.

To the OP I'd say try to bid one of the easier jobs once you get a little more seniority. Myself I went to the sort aisle after two years. It was such an easier job than loading/unloading that I would even triple shift on some days. As long as I was able to be on the sort aisle/secondary on whatever shift I was working.