$100 a week for insurance and little or no raises!!

brown_trousers

One reason our public school system sucks is because of the teachers union, plain and simple!! Tenure is bvll:censored2:. Youre telling me just because a teacher has been at a school for 7 years that he/she gets tenure and cant be fired, yet sucks at being a teacher?? Thats wrong! Go look at the charter schools in your area that dont have the union involved and see how those kids are doing. You know why? Because if a teacher sucks, theyre GONE!!! Performance equals tenure, not just because youve been there for X anount of years.

Dont get me wrong, not bashing all unions, just the teachers union. Theyre screwing our children out of whats theirs...a good education.

There's a different level of accountability when your salary comes from tax payer dollars. I agree with you that a union should NOT be able to force everyone to pay more taxes to accommodate this. Since we are forced to pay these taxes, we should be able to hold these teacher to a level of performance to justify what we are forced to pay.

The difference between teachers and us UPSers is that our customers are not forced to pay anything. They are not required to choose UPS to ship their packages. So when we negotiate a contract we are not extorting the taxpayers that have no option to pay or not.

oldngray

nowhere special
People start bashing unions and group public employee unions in with other unions and just say "union" without realizing its a whole different animal.

Asskicker

It is coming from the Union. They are saying they want us to pay $90 a month the first year and will go up $10 a month every year until the next contract. Straight from hall mouth. Go on the TDU.org website and read it for yourself.

over9five

Staff member
Hoffa is supposed to be at CHEMA Friday the 22nd to stir up the troops about this.
There is no way we should even consider paying this.

Asskicker

That's right people. Remember ALL of the Union dues you are paying for them to negotiate a contract WE are happy with. Don't listen to their bull**** either when they say, "I don't think we can get much better". If we don't like it the WE DON'T SIGN!!!! WE pay the Union's salary so remember that when they settle on a ****ty proposal. Hoffa is a deuche!! And hall refused to stand up to the company regarding the 22.3 jobs saying that the economy was bad and this isn't a good time to fight this. REALLY????? We have a contract and they are suppose to uphold it no matter what happens in the economy. So these combo guys got royally screwed and the company still made record profits. Thank for nothing Mr. Hall and don't trust this guy either!!!!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Month or week?
$90 a WEEK. (And it would go up 10% each contract year)

Yeah the other guy posted 90 a month. Just wanted to make sure we are all getting the same info.

We are in for a fight. Told satellite driver yesterday what was going on. His reply "I guess I'd have to vote yes for healthcare I can't afford to strike. Getting ready to sell my car now so I know I can make my house payment."

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
UPS knows for a fact that no one is coming to work for $20 a week and benefits. It's negotiating strategy...start high and meet somewhere in the middle. Why we believe UPS and the Teamsters would actually think this is viable is laughable. If this was agreed upon, UPS would fold in under a year. There would be no workforce.

over9five

Staff member
UPS knows for a fact that no one is coming to work for $20 a week and benefits. It's negotiating strategy...start high and meet somewhere in the middle. Why we believe UPS and the Teamsters would actually think this is viable is laughable. If this was agreed upon, UPS would fold in under a year. There would be no workforce.

I think any amount is unacceptable.

kingOFchester

King, you beat me on the post. Sad isn't?

It really is sad. My heart aches, and truly does, when I think of the mess we are leaving our children. Our system is broken. We can blame Capital Hill, we can blame it on global economy, but the truth is we should be blaming ourselves. We have allowed and, in part, caused the financial strain on the system.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
King, you beat me on the post. Sad isn't?

It really is sad. My heart aches, and truly does, when I think of the mess we are leaving our children. Our system is broken. We can blame Capital Hill, we can blame it on global economy, but the truth is we should be blaming ourselves. We have allowed and, in part, caused the financial strain on the system.

Money is made during the good times. Extreme wealth can be built during the bad times. I'm looking forward to whatever lies ahead.

Prime example I made 10k these past few weeks off apples down turn. Make a massive amount a few months ago on the Facebook IPO debacle.

This is why everyone needs to save though. You need that money to pump into something everyone else is running away from.

reydluap

Money is made during the good times. Extreme wealth can be built during the bad times. I'm looking forward to whatever lies ahead.

Prime example I made 10k these past few weeks off apples down turn. Make a massive amount a few months ago on the Facebook IPO debacle.

This is why everyone needs to save though. You need that money to pump into something everyone else is running away from.

True. Many of us have built wealth in this economy. BUT I'VE NEVER MADE A DAM* DIME WHILE BEING IN DEBT OVER MY HEAD.

Last edited: