$100 a week for insurance and little or no raises!!

Medakee

What UPSER110 states is the truth. I am a retired UPS driver, with 33+ years of servive. I found out via a letter on 12/31/2012, my healthcare premium is going to be a cost of $495.00 per month, beginning with the new contract, effective 8/1/2013. This would be alright IF UPS insurance paid anything, which the do NOT do. I am on Medicare now, and, since I started, UPS INS for retirees does Not cover anything next to $6,000.00 per year. I do not take RX'S do not use DR hardly ever. I am looking for alternate HCare now.

InsideUPS

This is what my steward told us:
-hall broke off negotiations for 2 weeks.
-UPS has proposed that all full time and part time employees pay $30/wk for individuals, $60/wk, $90/wk for families.
-There will also be a 10% increase each year for the life of the contract. By the end of the contract you would be paying $130/wk for a family
-Retired members would pay $742/mo, with a 10% increase each year for the life of the contract. So by the end of the contract it would be $1000/mo.

As Clint Eastwood would say "Go Ahead....Make My Day..."....

Solidarity is the only way we all will win in the contract!!!!. Start saving your pennies...... Stay United!!!! We did it in 1997 and we can do it again...

Get your Home Equity Lines of Credit while you are still working. Make sure you have some form of cash flow... .. Don't be intimidated..

Regards,

InsideUPS

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I am of the opinion this is a Red Herring,as UPS knows there is no way in hell the membership would vote for this. makes me wonder what they are trying to slip in

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I am of the opinion this is a Red Herring,as UPS knows there is no way in hell the membership would vote for this. makes me wonder what they are trying to slip in
Thank you. People are waay too quick to jump on this. It's not just a red herring for the company either, the IBT benefits as well by playing up an issue that is never a real possibility anyway so down the road they look like heroes for standing up to the big bad company and "saving" our healthcare. Then whenever anyone starts making noise about whatever concessions they end up agreeing to it'll be "Well guys, we had to give'em something in order to save the healthcare plan because we know how important that is to you..."

Johney

And I'd bet the Teamsters asked for a $20 raise over the period of the contract. People get real, both sides will ask for the world in the beginning, what we need to wait for is what is given to us to vote on that's it! All this speculating is doing nothing period.That's all it is at this point. I don't care WHO says what hall or Scott Davis it DOES NOT MATTER AT THIS TIME!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And I'd bet the Teamsters asked for a $20 raise over the period of the contract. People get real, both sides will ask for the world in the beginning, what we need to wait for is what is given to us to vote on that's it! All this speculating is doing nothing period.That's all it is at this point. I don't care WHO says what hall or Scott Davis it DOES NOT MATTER AT THIS TIME!

....hence the need for the brown-out...