100 degrees and Women told not able to wear Tank Tops

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Well you all were right. It was a woman. Actually, several... But it wasn't towards my co-worker and I. There is another girl (young and large chested) that the actual complaint was made too, But here's the kicker. They haven't said anything to her. The women in her area were complaining cuz her tanks weren't covering everything enough to their liking & the guys were stopping and talking to her (not her fault) How did I find this out? Well I went to our union steward today to tell what had happened and her and another women starting telling me everything. What's even funnier is when I mentioned the whole No bra white shirt comment on here our steward said well I don't wear a bra (much older lady large chested, gross) but she somehow had a problem with the young girls attire. (By the way , she was covered) steward made this comment "I don't understand how you could be cooler wearing three shirts even though they are spaghetti straps versus a T-shirt." She wears a bra, sports bra, tight tank and a loose one... I did wear my normal tank today and nothing was said. And steward said mine was fine. Hahaha. What's sad is if this you g lady has a problem about this, she's not going to be able to go to the steward becuz she is one of the ladies against it. Go figure!!! I will give her all the great advice here. Thanks everyone!!!
You're welcome, if you really want to thank me PM me sometime.

kingOFchester

Sober, I certainly understand what you are saying. But, I still think I have raised an interesting question, and point. A blanket policy for all does not necessarily mean it is the best solution.

Take a public pool. If I take my shirt off and jump in, I am ok. A female certainly can't do that as there are rules and even laws to prohibit women from doing just that. I have no problem with women wearing tanks in the work place. Just pointing out that there are situations where a blanket rule does not always work for both sexes.

maybe if the world stopped worrying about being PC all the time and excepted that there are differences, we could get past sexism and racism.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Glad you agree Toons that women are hateful and jealous evil beings. If you weren't one we'd let you join our club.

Which is why I like working with men, and don't have many girlfriends. If a man is going to stab you in the back, he will tell you, a woman just turns the knife while smiling sweetly. If I was a guy, I would be gay.

Returntosender

Facebook_zpsbab3188f.png