14$ base wage for all workers 2018

I work at an airport hub out in Phoenix,AZ. I've been for over a year now (2peaks) and this week they claimed that everyone who was making under 14$/hr is now making 14$ an hour. I'm wondering if anyone else has similar situations, I keep trying to google any UPS pay increase but nothing ever shows up. This situation is great for me of course (from 10.50$ to 14.00) but, I'm curious; is it only my hub or is anyone else having this happen to them?

BlackCat

I work at an airport hub out in Phoenix,AZ. I've been for over a year now (2peaks) and this week they claimed that everyone who was making under 14$/hr is now making 14$ an hour. I'm wondering if anyone else has similar situations, I keep trying to google any UPS pay increase but nothing ever shows up. This situation is great for me of course (from 10.50$ to 14.00) but, I'm curious; is it only my hub or is anyone else having this happen to them?
Due to the minimum wage increase here in AZ, they probably adjusted it because of the change.

That is a nice bump in pay, congrats.

DriverNerd

They're doing this all over the country. Pay rates are being adjusted based on local area. Ours local hubs (around the twin cities, MN) are moving to $15.

Our minimums raise every June. Anyone hired in my 12 month time period will be catching a raise then just maintaining minimum wage every year for the next five years. This job is a 15 dollar an hour job. I'd say the same even if I parted with the company. I've talked to my union guy about the ten or whatever of us getting a pay bump which only lasts 3 months. I think he's tired of hearing from me about it. I'll shoot him an email.

Congrats on the substantial bump. Everyone around us has it but us and some people are fuming.

Our minimums raise every June. Anyone hired in my 12 month time period will be catching a raise then just maintaining minimum wage every year for the next five years. This job is a 15 dollar an hour job. I'd say the same even if I parted with the company. I've talked to my union guy about the ten or whatever of us getting a pay bump which only lasts 3 months. I think he's tired of hearing from me about it. I'll shoot him an email.

Congrats on the substantial bump. Everyone around us has it but us and some people are fuming.
Preload used to pay $.50/hr less then driving. and that was after 90 days. I think you are selling yourself short.

Preload used to pay $.50/hr less then driving. and that was after 90 days. I think you are selling yourself short.

It's not ideal but you shouldn't have a ton of your workforce just barely making it and expecting the moon. There's a ton of us who just need that little bit more otherwise see you at 15 stocking produce.

$0.50 less than drivers after 90 would be great.

It's not ideal but you shouldn't have a ton of your workforce just barely making it and expecting the moon. There's a ton of us who just need that little bit more otherwise see you at 15 stocking produce.
PTers are voting with their feet everyday and I don't blame them. Sometimes it seems only the hard core unemployed stick around.

That would give nobody any incentive to be a driver.

I could see making 50 less than a shifter or Saturday air driver makes but I'd think even that would be too much.

This job really isn't hard if you figure out how it ticks and can follow instruction and adhere to methods of work and safety. Your muscles adapt to increase efficiency. 90% don't make it to a year what does that say lol.

If a job pays so little that it's more beneficial to go and stay on social programs more favorable than seeking other employment, something is wrong.

I could see making 50 less than a shifter or Saturday air driver makes but I'd think even that would be too much.

This job really isn't hard if you figure out how it ticks and can follow instruction and adhere to methods of work and safety. Your muscles adapt to increase efficiency. 90% don't make it to a year what does that say lol.

If a job pays so little that it's more beneficial to go and stay on social programs more favorable than seeking other employment, something is wrong.
The part time wages have not kept up with the full time wages over the decades.

The part time wages have not kept up with the full time wages over the decades.

I'm talking realistically. They'd never do those wages again. Sure I'd love them but I'm not expecting it to happen. 15 an hour even gets the stoners off the couch look at Portland.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In my state, government salaries are based on the minimum wage. So, any large bump means big pay increases for all on the public gravy train.

These people vote and the politicians know it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You tried a search but came up with nothing....hmm

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
They're doing this all over the country. Pay rates are being adjusted based on local area. Ours local hubs (around the twin cities, MN) are moving to $15.
I believe it is only in Minneapolis due to the new 15 dollar an hr minimum wage the city council passed this year. It’s not suppose to take effect for 5 more years though.

zero

This happened in my center for part timers $14 for everyone during peak then back to normal wage after peak