14 Yrs. w/UPS 12 cover driving- DQ'd for FT driver pos. "OnTopic"

thug life

If there is anyone that has some knowledge about the probation procedure and the grievance steps please help!! I was DQ'd twice know since March2014. With so many years cover driving I can't believe this is being allowed to happen. My center manager is making it impossible for me to pass and DQ'd me because I went to my daily scheduled pick-up and either picked-up packages or didn't if they didn't have any going out but I was a few minutes early and waited an extra few minutes to stop-complete in ED. I had already gone on to the next pick-up which was approximately 0.1 mi. from the stop when I stop-completed. My manager says I "falsified records" even though I only worked as directed by my sup. who trained me on this route. I was told to stay in the over/under window to stay in compliance. My manger told my Union Rep he doesn't want to give me a chance because he thinks I'll just use FMLA. I haven't even had it in 6 months or more. I'm taking this to panel but don't know what to expect. Any thoughts??

BrownTexas

How are you being dq'ed? Where I am if you are a part time cover driver already, then being a full time driver is just hr giving you a full time date. You don't have to go back through any qualifications. You have already done that. Plus you were trained to falsify documents by your sup. find other drivers he has trained, have them acknowledge that also, and use it as a weapon.

9.5er

If you have gone through your probation period as a cover driver (Temp. driver in my center) then you are already qualified. You need to speak with your BA immediately.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If there is anyone that has some knowledge about the probation procedure and the grievance steps please help!! I was DQ'd twice know since March2014. With so many years cover driving I can't believe this is being allowed to happen. My center manager is making it impossible for me to pass and DQ'd me because I went to my daily scheduled pick-up and either picked-up packages or didn't if they didn't have any going out but I was a few minutes early and waited an extra few minutes to stop-complete in ED. I had already gone on to the next pick-up which was approximately 0.1 mi. from the stop when I stop-completed. My manager says I "falsified records" even though I only worked as directed by my sup. who trained me on this route. I was told to stay in the over/under window to stay in compliance. My manger told my Union Rep he doesn't want to give me a chance because he thinks I'll just use FMLA. I haven't even had it in 6 months or more. I'm taking this to panel but don't know what to expect. Any thoughts??
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1434029828.290812.jpg

It's obvious the Man don't like your username

Box Ox

In my area, once you've driven 30 days (6 weeks) in 90 days as a temp or other driver you've fully qualified and don't have to go through another qualifying period when you go FT. Not sure how someone could tell you otherwise if you've been driving for 12 years.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
My manger told my Union Rep he doesn't want to give me a chance because he thinks I'll just use FMLA.

Did your Union Business Agent tell you this ?

Or, are you talking about your local Union Steward ?

If he's on record as retaliating against you for using fmla it should be a slam dunk.
I'm taking this to panel but don't know what to expect. Any thoughts??

You need a notarized statement from your "Union Rep" confirming the fact....

of what was said, by the UPS manager.

Without it, it's just hearsay.

-Bug-

Overpaid Union Thug

How are you being dq'ed? Where I am if you are a part time cover driver already, then being a full time driver is just hr giving you a full time date. You don't have to go back through any qualifications. You have already done that. Plus you were trained to falsify documents by your sup. find other drivers he has trained, have them acknowledge that also, and use it as a weapon.
In my area, once you've driven 30 days (6 weeks) in 90 days as a temp or other driver you've fully qualified and don't have to go through another qualifying period when you go FT. Not sure how someone could tell you otherwise if you've been driving for 12 years.
If he's been DQed twice already in that short amount of time then maybe he never qualified? I think we need more info.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Im glad im not a new driver, they put those guys through total bs get with your business agent unless theres more to the story than what your leading on. Seems weird he would dq you just for that unless hes a SUPER PECKERHEAD lmfao.

Work right slow and safe

hello all we are having the same issues in my building cover drivers are being dq for any reason not knowing dok verbatim. we have had 3 cover drivers that have been driving over 10 years and can make full time. but yet they have no write ups accidents or anything. I have talked with the ba and the president of the local and they stated they can dq you for just about anything they want. wow right I have seen more and more inside people making it with no driving experience at all or people off the street I have a strong feeling its about money cover drivers go to top pay 34 per hr or no driving or off the street 17 you tell me this is in so cal

Work right slow and safe

mind you we have all been to driving school and have passed it like I said they have been cover driving over 10 years. one guy they asked his dok every day for 25 of the days but he passed

Work right slow and safe

can any one provide me with info on where this is happing no nrrd to pass probation after beeing a cover driver part time driver pm me I need our present of my local to know he is wrong he is out in a year or two and will not press any issues that may take up his time.. our covers drive everyday and are never sent back

barnyard

KTM rider
I have a hard time feeling bad for a long time cover that gets DQd because of DOK knowledge. It is pretty well known that you have to know it to pass, either learn it and pass or shut your pie hole.

542thruNthru

I have a hard time feeling bad for a long time cover that gets DQd because of DOK knowledge. It is pretty well known that you have to know it to pass, either learn it and pass or shut your pie hole.

I studied my DOK off the clock for a week straight. Even had my girl try and trip me up with them. I wasn't taking any chances. Waited longer enough to go FT I wasn't going to wait 1 more day if I could help it.

Good luck to the op. We had something similar in my hub. CMs would DQ people they didn't want so they could move down the list and get the cover drivers that knew the routes in their center. Felt bad for the guys that were DQ'd that had been waiting to go FT for 12 years.

BrownTexas

I'm so confused. If you made book as a p/t cover driver, the move to full time should just be them giving you a full time seniority date and nothing more. There is no qualification to go friend/t driver from p/t cover.

Work right slow and safe

I'm so confused. If you made book as a p/t cover driver, the move to full time should just be them giving you a full time seniority date and nothing more. There is no qualification to go friend/t driver from p/t cover.
that what we dont understand we will still be doing the same job. less pay more hours and not full time but same job makes no sense at all

542thruNthru

Not at my hub. You go thru the same 30 days just like before. You just don't take the 1 week driving class again. I agree it makes no sense but that's how it's always been here.