15 year package driver taking a Supervisor position...

UPSGUY72

We know you are a "runner and gunner" and you are envied by other drivers on this site who are jealous of your abilities.

Jealousy leads to hateful behavior many times.
It's a smoldering self-destructive force that eats away from the inside.

lol talking about taking it to extremes... I go at smooth steady pace. I don't need to run. I work smart, I sort my car and have a plan.

Most drivers hunt and peck for packages at each stop. The only plan they have is the EDD whether it's set up good or not.

bbsam

Staff member
I was under the impression he was the owner of several routes in FedEx Ground.

His Pay/profit is directly related upon the performance of the drivers.

He is more of a management person than anyone at UPS including Scott Davis.

I always had tremendous respect for self-employed or business owners ... more than anyone I have met at UPS or any other corporations.

Thankyou for the kind recognition. In fact I was taking a playful jab at UPS management. Not only was I fond of nearly all of them while there, but we have many now at Ground as well. Our SM in fact came from UPS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
you made a lot of posts in this thread you started now you want to go against the union the helped you the drivers that you worked with. i hope you go into managment . and the company invests just enough to to say they tried. they have your union card in hand and then they dump your ass

Man, pretty grouchy today!

Hang over or are you just getting tired of your wife telling you what you can do? :drunkbf:

Re-Raise

Thankyou for the kind recognition. In fact I was taking a playful jab at UPS management. Not only was I fond of nearly all of them while there, but we have many now at Ground as well. Our SM in fact came from UPS.

Interesting that you now have "many" ex UPS management employees working for Fed Ex ground.

thessalonian13

I was wondering if anyone knew how UPS would calculate my pay. I want to go into the meeting with some idea of the process. Would appreciate any feed back you have to offer. Thanks!
You must be on LSD for wanting to go into management being so close to full pension!!!!!!! LOL

BROWNHOG

What you earned last year should be your base salary. You work from that base to determine your salary. New management salary structure base is $55,000 and as high as $65,000. Overtime from your hourly position will not be included in your base. You should use it as your base. Figure you are going to work 55 to 60 hours per week and determine your salary offer from there.
Questions to ask 1) pay is salary based on how many hours per week ? 2) when is the next bump in the salary ? 3) when am i eligible for any mip award ?

Braman55

Thanks for the info. That's what I'm scared of that they won't be able to meet my number. I make a lil over 65 for just a 40 hour week. The managers I have work at least 50 hour weeks. I'm going to go through the process and see but I don't see them meeting the number I need. But good info I appreciate it! Thanks!

Braman55

That's the key. She always made twice as much as me. So many drivers have wives who didn't work. Mine works, we lived in a little 150000 dollar house, we drove the same crappy Hondas for 15 years, saved and invested. While most drivers bought bmws, corvettes and boats we lived below our means saved and invested. We just built our dream house-paid cash, finally ordered our bmws and just started having kids. That's the only down side we still have to raise kids and don't want to let our jobs go. Just want an easier time of it. I'm not being asked to take a an on road job. Its actually a cushy job that my DM, And center manager have been after me for years to take. I took advantage of my PT years at UPS and got my degree. But I am ready to have an easier go of it. With all that said...since I'm going to stay at UPS I'm not going to take a pay cut to work. That's why I started the post to get info on how the figured out the pay for a driver going into management. I've had some good info and thank you all for it. Also had some complete ***** answer. I will say...if you're a **** here..you're probably one in real life as well. Good luck finding some happiness. I'm in a pretty good center where not everything is perfect but most everyone works hard. And no UPS is not the same as it was. But we all have a pretty good understanding that it all comes from above and do the best we can.

Last edited by a moderator:

beentheredonethat

That's the key. She always made twice as much as me. So many drivers have wives who didn't work. Mine works, we lived in a little 150000 dollar house, we drove the same crappy Hondas for 15 years, saved and invested. While most drivers bought bmws, corvettes and boats we lived below our means saved and invested. We just built our dream house-paid cash, finally ordered our bmws and just started having kids. That's the only down side we still have to raise kids and don't want to let our jobs go. Just want an easier time of it. I'm not being asked to take a an on road job. Its actually a cushy job that my DM, And center manager have been after me for years to take. I took advantage of my PT years at UPS and got my degree. But I am ready to have an easier go of it. With all that said...since I'm going to stay at UPS I'm not going to take a pay cut to work. That's why I started the post to get info on how the figured out the pay for a driver going into management. I've had some good info and thank you all for it. Also had some complete ****** answer. I will say...if you're a ***** here..you're probably one in real life as well. Good luck finding some happiness. I'm in a pretty good center where not everything is perfect but most everyone works hard. And no UPS is not the same as it was. But we all have a pretty good understanding that it all comes from above and do the best we can.

Good luck with the job.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That's the key. She always made twice as much as me. So many drivers have wives who didn't work. Mine works, we lived in a little 150000 dollar house, we drove the same crappy Hondas for 15 years, saved and invested. While most drivers bought bmws, corvettes and boats we lived below our means saved and invested. We just built our dream house-paid cash, finally ordered our bmws and just started having kids. That's the only down side we still have to raise kids and don't want to let our jobs go. Just want an easier time of it. I'm not being asked to take a an on road job. Its actually a cushy job that my DM, And center manager have been after me for years to take. I took advantage of my PT years at UPS and got my degree. But I am ready to have an easier go of it. With all that said...since I'm going to stay at UPS I'm not going to take a pay cut to work. That's why I started the post to get info on how the figured out the pay for a driver going into management. I've had some good info and thank you all for it. Also had some complete ***** answer. I will say...if you're a ***** here..you're probably one in real life as well. Good luck finding some happiness. I'm in a pretty good center where not everything is perfect but most everyone works hard. And no UPS is not the same as it was. But we all have a pretty good understanding that it all comes from above and do the best we can.

Perhaps your question would have been better suited for the Partners Forum?
Either way; with 15 posts under your belt now, maybe you'll realize that regardless of the thread topic or forum, none stay on the original topic for the duration of the discussion.

In regards to your potentual new management job they have lined up for you, how long do you believe they will let you stay in that position?
How many people in lower level management do you know that have been permitted to stay in the same position for more than a couple of years?
Sounds to me like most of your "ducks' are in a row.
Step cautiously.

AZBrown

Teamster by choice
With all that said...since I'm going to stay at UPS I'm not going to take a pay cut to work. That's why I started the post to get info on how the figured out the pay for a driver going into management.
I don't know how one can get to management, without a paycut. Also factor in paying for any benefits as a paycut- money off the bottom line