1800 jobs on CNN.....

D

Dis-organized Labor

I have a question? Don't we all do a job that when done cooperatively, leads to Customers, pay checks and ultimately profit so we can keep the ball rolling?
I may be biased, because UPSSALES seems to be a decent guy to me based on how I judges the tome of his posts.
Lighten up.
Here's another observation. I have noticed that posters seems to make a moutain out of a mole hill based on what someone states on here. Not everyone, for sure and there's no one that seems to do that only. Look at post #33, (Sorry UPSGRUNT, I know you hate me so I'm picking on you). No where in this thread can i see where UPSSALES is minimizing anyones role in this company.
There are some people that think I am useless because i work in the Air headquarters. That is far from the case. If we didn't have the people we do, doing their best at what they do, we'd probably tank within a couple of years

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
can someone tell me what on car sups do anymore? they no longer know what is on the package cars,they don't go visit customers . so what is it that they do?

All mine does is come at me with his clipboard, hollering about being paid over everyday. If I have a suggestion about the load etc I'm told that he doesn't care, not his problem yada yada yada. My response? "Pay Me" :greedy:

CaseyGirl

I am new to BrownCafe and I am so disappointed with it. :sad-little: Every thread I read always ends up the same - as an argument between drivers and sales about who has a tougher/more important job. Don't we all work for the same company? Don't we all get paid by Big Brown? Don't we all want UPS to succeed and continue to grow? This constant bickering like children is foolish. Why can't we all just get along?!? We all have difficulties in our jobs and UPS needs all of us to our best.

pretzel_man

I am new to BrownCafe and I am so disappointed with it. :sad-little: Every thread I read always ends up the same - as an argument between drivers and sales about who has a tougher/more important job. Don't we all work for the same company? Don't we all get paid by Big Brown? Don't we all want UPS to succeed and continue to grow? This constant bickering like children is foolish. Why can't we all just get along?!? We all have difficulties in our jobs and UPS needs all of us to our best.

Thank you

Re-Raise

i dont know anything other that if you have to be in under 9.5, be in under 9.5. simple as that.

This is the statement from Upssalesguy that got under my skin.

To make a statement like this shows how far removed he is from the reality of what a driver does every day.

He can just close his laptop and call it a day anytime he wants to. When a driver has 20 resi's split to him in an area he is unfamiliar with to run at 7 p.m. in the dark it is not as "simple as that."

Add in deep snow , frozen feet, white knuckles from plowing through snow drifts all day and this statement even pisses me off more.

He can only sale the service WE provide , nothing more.

The reason they ask us for sales leads is because our customers respect what we do. These companies wouldn't give the time of day to a suit walking in with doughnuts unless the driver gets them the contact.

That is the whole basis for the sales lead program, otherwise do it without the driver's input.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

[video=youtube;29jDI9flryU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29jDI9flryU[/video]

purplesky

TROLL:wink2:

Re-Raise

Group hugs always seem to help....

It if it makes you feel better every driver in my center thinks his route is harder than everyone elses too.:happy2:

klein

Für Meno :)

Casey, nice to meet you.
But a lot of people have a grouge about UPSSALEGUY.
He really think his job is more important, then the drivers job.

A good example is this :
In Canada we only have 2 major worldwide airlines:
Air Canada and Westjet.
Now compare that with Fedex and UPS.

Who will you travel with ?
The one that has better stewardesses and service.
Or the one that has a better sales pitch ? (and provides crappy service).

In the end, it's the service provider that makes that decision for a customer (the driver, that is either nice or nasty).

Same like my airline I tend to chose when I'm flying.

And trust me: Word by mouth sales are the best sales.
Not someone in an office.

pretzel_man

Casey, nice to meet you.
But a lot of people have a grouge about UPSSALEGUY.
He really think his job is more important, then the drivers job.

A good example is this :
In Canada we only have 2 major worldwide airlines:
Air Canada and Westjet.
Now compare that with Fedex and UPS.

Who will you travel with ?
The one that has better stewardesses and service.
Or the one that has a better sales pitch ? (and provides crappy service).

In the end, it's the service provider that makes that decision for a customer (the driver, that is either nice or nasty).

Same like my airline I tend to chose when I'm flying.

Drivers are important. Sales are important. Management are important.

If you think you are more important than the rest, look in the mirror. You are the problem.

P-Man

Cezanne

I am new to BrownCafe and I am so disappointed with it. :sad-little: Every thread I read always ends up the same - as an argument between drivers and sales about who has a tougher/more important job. Don't we all work for the same company? Don't we all get paid by Big Brown? Don't we all want UPS to succeed and continue to grow? This constant bickering like children is foolish. _____Why can't we all just get along?!?________ We all have difficulties in our jobs and UPS needs all of us to our best.
"Mars Attack"...Depends on who has the biggest ray gun, besides that I have the toughest job at UPS and I am not a Sale Rep or a Package Car driver. Got a problem with that...:peaceful:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My job may be important to the company, but I'm certainly not. I have no illusions about how easily I can be replaced.

spuman

no. but lets be honest, without a good price, you wont even have the opportuntity to deliver the packages. its the pick up that makes us money, the delviery costs us money.

pease explain your theory on this I'm to stupid to understand it.

when did I say this? if you friend up the delivery, we lose the customer. that is obvious to everyone.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
there was a term that someone told me when I started at UPS, it was "work as directed"

sucks, but that is what they pay me to do

edit: and this thread continuously reinforces the point - we all have a job to do

edit2: spurman- the customer shipping the package is paying the bill, and they make the decision who to use. if they are small, it might be a decision based on the driver or past experience. if they are a huge shipper, transportation is one small part of a larger logistics and distriubution supply chain, pennies off per package can mean millions for a large company.

make sense?

klein

Für Meno :)
there was a term that someone told me when I started at UPS, it was "work as directed"

sucks, but that is what they pay me to do

edit: and this thread continuously reinforces the point - we all have a job to do

I would have loved to worked as directed.
That should be in place as a pre union strike.

Like many other company workers do.

And that would teach UPS a lesson, that thier "directions" are wrong !

upssalesguy

UPS Defender

i think I am in love.

Re-Raise

edit2: spurman- the customer shipping the package is paying the bill, and they make the decision who to use. if they are small, it might be a decision based on the driver or past experience. if they are a huge shipper, transportation is one small part of a larger logistics and distriubution supply chain, pennies off per package can mean millions for a large company.

make sense?

Enlighten me please. Who makes the final decision on what price we will charge customers for their shipping?

Are you given certain guidlines that you can work between on price, with your goal to get them to agree to the high end? Similar to a car salesman?

I don't really like car salesmen.