19 Black workers sue UPS for hostile work environment.

I work in America's finest city.

:)

giphy.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
No matter how distasteful, all jokes deserve freedom of expression. At the same time; in today's world of mass shootings, bombs being sent through the mail along with tiki torch marches- how can a mock hanging scene not be considered racist?

When has making a mock crucifixion joke not been considered religious?

McJesus
1.6829705.866152905.jpg

That's hilarious also--just like the hanging UPS dummy.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...-racism/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.25db37c6dbec

What do you all think about this? In my building personally, I have never experienced any sort of racism or discrimination based on race. I work in SoCal so almost all the workers are Mexican but overall it’s a healthy mix and we all get along great I’m glad to say. I’m ashamed that the company allowed these workers to get bullied in this manner. I hope they win and teach management to take reports of harassment more seriously.

Nice user name. May think about changing it, as it's been taken

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
How am I being a cry baby? If anything, UPS weeds out the snowflakes. We get a lot of volume down here so there aren’t any pusillanimous were I work. Where do you work btw? Probably out in the boonies where you get 20 trailers a night if you’re lucky.
Don't let these bozos get you worked up, they're only tough on social sites. They wouldn't dare state these same things face to face.