2,000+ Late NDA'S

thessalonian13

What a disastrous start to peak season in our building. We haven't left the building earlier than 10:15am last 2 days. Almost 1,600 late NDA'S on Tuesday and probably the same on Wednesday. I have never seen anything like this in almost 25 years that I am with this company. I am speechless. Can't blame preload. They are supposed to get the building at 315am but this week they haven't gotten started till 5am and my line didn't get started till 6am. I wonder who is to blame for this.

35years

Gravy route
I wonder who is to blame for this.

The greedy managers (now long gone) who took our stock public to double the price overnight.

We now are a company that is unable to make well considered, long term decisions because of the pressure for a good quarter.

Ask yourself why don't we have a preloader for each truck this time of year. Each manager covers his own rear and tries to cut costs by shifting the work to the next work area down the line.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
We had a late air shuttle yesterday, and they held us until it got to the center. Except it didn't show up, so they sent us out. Kept waiting for that green light to pop up telling us we had air meets. Message never came. A whole shuttle of next day air that never went out for delivery until today. Unbelievable.

thessalonian13

The greedy managers (now long gone) who took our stock public to double the price overnight.

We now are a company that is unable to make well considered, long term decisions because of the pressure for a good quarter.

Ask yourself why don't we have a preloader for each truck this time of year. Each manager covers his own rear and tries to cut costs by shifting the work to the next work area down the line.
The thing is that we were not waiting on late air. Everything was in the building.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Probably the contractors they are using. Half get the load and then promptly take their 10hr rest period on the street in front of the building.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There was a contractor once who drove past a very well lit and well marked entrance to our hub for big rigs. She tried to turn around in the next driveway she saw, which happened to be on a dirt road at the end of ups property after a rain. She got stuck up to her axles, and then demanded UPS pay her tow bill since it wasn't clear to her where to turn onto our property. lol

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Just like with Teamsters, management are sent to feeder when they lose their drive for delivery.
We had an on road supe who took a voluntary change from a manager in a package situation to come to feeders. He was happy as a clam, and said he'd do it again. Unless you're sitting in the chair (dispatcher) feeders is easier on all concerned mentally as well as physically. I wouldn't wish that dispatcher's job on a brother in law!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I blame feeder management.
No ,, the blame starts with the top of the food chain !!
PC drivers over dispatched
Causes late wrap on the twi
Thus causing late pull on feeder
Now feeder gets to hub late
Hub wraps late
Feeder pulls from hub to center late
Preloads all close and wrap late
Over dispatched drivers leave late

Rinse and repeat each day !!!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
There was a contractor once who drove past a very well lit and well marked entrance to our hub for big rigs. She tried to turn around in the next driveway she saw, which happened to be on a dirt road at the end of ups property after a rain. She got stuck up to her axles, and then demanded UPS pay her tow bill since it wasn't clear to her where to turn onto our property. lol
Can't fix stupid !!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What a disastrous start to peak season in our building. We haven't left the building earlier than 10:15am last 2 days. Almost 1,600 late NDA'S on Tuesday and probably the same on Wednesday. I have never seen anything like this in almost 25 years that I am with this company. I am speechless. Can't blame preload. They are supposed to get the building at 315am but this week they haven't gotten started till 5am and my line didn't get started till 6am. I wonder who is to blame for this.
How the :censored2: is everyone else's preload starting at midnight and yours at 5 am?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
In my experience feeder management is run 100x better than pkg ops...and the management is 1000x more professional than some of the dbags in pkg
But I'm not saying that feeder doesn't have their BS moments either it just doesn't happen nearly as often as in package cars unfortunately package cars is a red headed step child division of UPS

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Just like with Teamsters, management are sent to feeder when they lose their drive for delivery.
Maybe people just get tired of the BS UPS runs people down in package cars out of curiosity how many years did you drive butt monkey and during those months or years how many times did you get hurt And I'm not saying butt hurt

Coldworld

60 months and counting
When I first got trained in feeder one of the first things that management told us was if you have a problem with something you can talk to us first they try to keep everything in-house and I can tell you that the management in feeder look a hell of a lot less stressed out then the supervisors and managers in the package operations for some reason I sense a little jealousy in your post and in your experience were managent who work outside of feeder jealous that they wernt able to get in there ...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No ,, the blame starts with the top of the food chain !!
PC drivers over dispatched
Causes late wrap on the twi
Thus causing late pull on feeder
Now feeder gets to hub late
Hub wraps late
Feeder pulls from hub to center late
Preloads all close and wrap late
Over dispatched drivers leave late

Rinse and repeat each day !!!
Do you know what's interesting I've had on road soups in the past have all sorts of injuries and surgeries related to this job how does that happen and why does UPS in general have such a higher rate of injuries and accidents I know there's a lot of people that work here but I Pursley no dozens of guys who had hernia operations and rotator cuff operations and back injuries even had one guy blows finger off getting it caught in the back of a package car door

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm surprised how many UPS location still have a dirt yard