2-3% interest rate savings accounts advice

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I've got a reasonable amount saved up in an emergency fund. It's currently sitting in a low interest savings account. I've seen that some legitimate banks are offering around 2% interest rates. I'm looking to put this money to work while keeping it relatively safe. 2% is a lot better than what I'm getting with it now. I'm looking for opinions on these accounts, suggestions for better options available, and general thoughts on the matter.

I've got a reasonable amount saved up in an emergency fund. It's currently sitting in a low interest savings account. I've seen that some legitimate banks are offering around 2% interest rates. I'm looking to put this money to work while keeping it relatively safe. 2% is a lot better than what I'm getting with it now. I'm looking for opinions on these accounts, suggestions for better options available, and general thoughts on the matter.
T bills

Box Ox

Might want to check out the Savings Account section on Nerdwallet. Of the banks listed, I'd probably go with American Express High Yield Savings @ 2.10% or Discover @ 2% and a $150 bonus on $15K deposited, $250 on $25K.

rod

Retired 22 years
Might want to check out the Savings Account section on Nerdwallet. Of the banks listed, I'd probably go with American Express High Yield Savings @ 2.10% or Discover @ 2% and a $150 bonus on $15K deposited, $250 on $25K.
or spend it on blow and hookers.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

over9five

Staff member
Might want to look around locally too, im getting 4% at a local credit union.
^^^^This.
DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union) gives you 5% for the first $1000, regular bank rates after that. If you're married, and you each start an account, there's $2000 making 5% for you.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
^^^^This.
DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union) gives you 5% for the first $1000, regular bank rates after that. If you're married, and you each start an account, there's $2000 making 5% for you.
St Marys Bank does this as well.

We love that bank.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah, but I understand OP wanting to keep his emergency fund pretty liquid at a lower rate. Can at least keep it ahead of inflation.
You can maybe match inflation. The chances of staying ahead of it are slim if you’re staying safe. The higher interest rates. The higher inflation is.

You can maybe match inflation. The chances of staying ahead of it are slim if you’re staying safe. The higher interest rates. The higher inflation is.
aM829EvTefUMU.gif