$200

Oldfart

Stock hit $200 today. Just think, a few weeks back that FINANCIAL genius bacha said sell at the upper 170's. Mayne he isnt as smart as he thinks.

Oldfart

Who cares? Sounds like a great time to buy some stock skidmarks
Anybody who owns stock cares and the company as a whole benefits from a healthy stock price.

Just shows bacha doesn't know squat about business. He gets on here and spews laws and statistics like he actually might know something. His constant derogatory post about the company and their financials goes against the facts when you watch the stock continue to climb.

Last edited:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Stock hit $200 today. Just think, a few weeks back that FINANCIAL genius bacha said sell at the upper 170's. Mayne he isnt as smart as he thinks.

Anyone talented/lucky enough to make money timing the market or buying single stocks wouldn't be offering his advice for free on this board.

Oldfart

Anyone talented/lucky enough to make money timing the market or buying single stocks wouldn't be offering his advice for free on this board.
He did say he sold 900 shares of FDX because he hated the company so bad. Knowing that he left a ton of money on the table because he sold too soon might explain why he is so angry all the time.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Anybody who owns stock cares and the company as a whole benefits from a healthy stock price.

Just shows bacha doesn't know squat about business. He gets on here and spews laws and statistics like he actually might know something. His constant derogatory post about the company and their financials goes against the facts when you watch the stock continue to climb.

How long do you think this will last once the Trump honeymoon phase is over? Wall Street has just been handed the keys to the candy store, and businesses are feeling confident that the anti-worker, free market, and ultra-pro business stance of the Trump administration will continue low wages and spike profits. Add-in the "no such thing as global warming" facet, and it's all 7's on the slot machine.

Smith has already blasted Trump's anti-trade policies. You're not bright enough to think beyond today, but Smith is. He absolutely knows that the future of FedEx depends on a global economy, NOT a return to the protectionist 1950's dream that the GOP envisions.

Apple products are not going to be made in the USA, nor are Nikes, most cars, and almost everything else that is sourced GLOBALLY. Cheaply made foreign goods are a subsidy that low and middle income Americans enjoy, but don't understand. Very few jobs are going to be repatriated to the USA because it's just too profitable to have someone in China making $2 per hour (or less) producing them.

Reagan did the same thing in the 80's with Trickle-Down, and Hillary was right. Trump's policies are nothing more than "Trumped-Up Trickle Down"...her phrase, not mine. You and I aren't going to see increased wages, but the top 1% are going to be rolling in it between huge tax breaks and an anti-worker/pro-business government.

The rich will buy bigger yachts, nicer homes and planes, and make a better life for themselves, not their workers. Maybe a nice new home in Hawaii or that G650 instead of that crappy Cessna jet we have now. They don't care about the middle class...never have, and never will. Trump told you a pack of lies, and you bought them all.

Smith feels cheated because his business depends on free GLOBAL trade, and he is spending a buttload on new Boeings, the TNT purchase, and has a business model dependent on the growth of international trade. Protectionist policies will kill FedEx, and Fred's profits...long-term. And he knows it, or he wouldn't be firing away at Trump so freely.

Smith's arguments on decreasing the corporate tax rate are a straw man because FedEx perennially pays little to nothing in Federal taxes due to massive write-offs, so I'll disagree with him there.

But, for once, I'll agree with Smith that Trump's trade policies will be a disaster, and the days of $200 stocks and a 20,000 Dow will be long gone when China and other international players fight back.

The #2 market for GM cars in the world? China. The purchaser of one-third of Boeing's airplanes?. China. Who do you think owns a large percentage of our national debt? That would be China. But you don't know that, because you're not very smart.

Trump is an idiot, but Smith is not. He's a weasel for sure, but a smart weasel that sees trouble coming fast.

I'd sell now.

Last edited:

Oldfart

Even Buffet recommends index funds. He doesn't believe you can beat the market reliably, and he's right.
No doubt individual stocks are way riskier than most funds. I have way more of my money in a variety of funds and just a small % in individual stocks. Wish I had a share or two or Berkshire Hathaway stock. Up $822 today to close at $249711.00 a share.

Oldfart

How long do you think this will last once the Trump honeymoon phase is over? Wall Street has just been handed the keys to the candy store, and businesses are feeling confident that the anti-worker, free market, and ultra-pro business stance of the Trump administration will continue low wages and spike profits. Add-in the "no such thing as global warming" facet, and it's all 7's on the slot machine.

Smith has already blasted Trump's anti-trade policies. You're not bright enough to think beyond today, but Smith is. He absolutely knows that the future of FedEx depends on a global economy, NOT a return to the protectionist 1950's dream that the GOP envisions.

Apple products are not going to be made in the USA, nor are Nikes, most cars, and almost everything else that is sourced GLOBALLY. Cheaply made foreign goods are a subsidy that low and middle income Americans enjoy, but don't understand. Very few jobs are going to be repatriated to the USA because it's just too profitable to have someone in China making $2 per hour (or less) producing them.

Reagan did the same thing in the 80's with Trickle-Down, and Hillary was right. Trump's policies are nothing more than "Trumped-Up Trickle Down"...her phrase, not mine. You and I aren't going to see increased wages, but the top 1% are going to be rolling in it between huge tax breaks and an anti-worker/pro-business government.

The rich will buy bigger yachts, nicer homes and planes, and make a better life for themselves, not their workers. Maybe a nice new home in Hawaii or that G650 instead of that crappy Cessna jet we have now. They don't care about the middle class...never have, and never will. Trump told you a pack of lies, and you bought them all.

Smith feels cheated because his business depends on free GLOBAL trade, and he is spending a buttload on new Boeings, the TNT purchase, and has a business model dependent on the growth of international trade. Protectionist policies will kill FedEx, and Fred's profits...long-term. And he knows it, or he wouldn't be firing away at Trump so freely.

Smith's arguments on decreasing the corporate tax rate are a straw man because FedEx perennially pays little to nothing in Federal taxes due to massive write-offs, so I'll disagree with him there.

But, for once, I'll agree with Smith that Trump's trade policies will be a disaster, and the days of $200 stocks and a 20,000 Dow will be long gone when China and other international players fight back.

The #2 market for GM cars in the world? China. The purchaser of one-third of Boeing's airplanes?. China. Who do you think owns a large percentage of our national debt? That would be China. But you don't know that, because you're not very smart.

Trump is an idiot, but Smith is not. He's a weasel for sure, but a smart weasel that sees trouble coming fast.

I'd sell now.
I would take advice from Bernie Madoff before listening to a bitter old tool like you. Go climb back in a hole and post all your anti Trump rhetoric somewhere else.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I would take advice from Bernie Madoff before listening to a bitter old tool like you. Go climb back in :censored2: and post all your anti Trump rhetoric somewhere else.

You're an easy target. Guess who is buying-up a lot of expensive US and Canadian real estate. That would be mainland Chinese, who pay cash for $5M houses sight unseen. It's such an issue that Vancouver, BC has slapped a 15% penalty on any real estate purchases by non-Canadians. In order to avoid the penalty, they buy in the US even more heavily.

They already have heavy investments in US businesses too. But you don't know that, because you're uninformed and gullible.

Easy pickings.

Oldfart

You're an easy target. Guess who is buying-up a lot of expensive US and Canadian real estate. That would be mainland Chinese, who pay cash for $5M houses sight unseen. It's such an issue that Vancouver, BC has slapped a 15% penalty on any real estate purchases by non-Canadians. In order to avoid the penalty, they buy in the US even more heavily.

They already have heavy investments in US businesses too. But you don't know that, because you're uninformed and gullible.

Easy pickings.
I forgot, you are the courier that said he is worth 9 million dollars. That is impressive. Oh wait, You then said you weren't worth 9 million after all. What untruth will you say next.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I forgot, you are the courier that said he is worth 9 million dollars. That is impressive. Oh wait, You then said you weren't worth 9 million after all. What untruth will you say next.

I never said I was worth $9M...you did. You can lie and say you are worth whatever you want and then level an accusation at me saying I am lying.

You'd make a very bad attorney.

vantexan

I'd sell now.
China owns 7% of our debt, just ahead of Japan. What comes through in your writing is, it seems, that if everyone isn't doing really well, then no one should. The chance to do better drives the rich to open the purse strings, invest and grow. If only they have the chance. What that means for the rest of us is the chance at better jobs, creating wealth for ourselves. In our system there will always be some left behind. Some aren't motivated to strive constantly for more. What we should hope for is the chance to find a decent job for everyone who's willing to work. If that makes some filthy rich in the process so be it. Frankly a huge chunk of the population is just tired of everyone being held back, held down because some think it isn't fair that some get rich and they don't. People need jobs so lead, follow, or get the :censored2: out of the way.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
China owns 7% of our debt, just ahead of Japan. What comes through in your writing is, it seems, that if everyone isn't doing really well, then no one should. The chance to do better drives the rich to open the purse strings, invest and grow. If only they have the chance. What that means for the rest of us is the chance at better jobs, creating wealth for ourselves. In our system there will always be some left behind. Some aren't motivated to strive constantly for more. What we should hope for is the chance to find a decent job for everyone who's willing to work. If that makes some filthy rich in the process so be it. Frankly a huge chunk of the population is just tired of everyone being held back, held down because some think it isn't fair that some get rich and they don't. People need jobs so lead, follow, or get the :censored2: out of the way.

So why aren't you rich? You have worked very hard your whole adult life, and have little to show for it. You're a textbook example of the GOP lie, that working hard and striving equals success. I don't equate money with success, so as far as I'm concerned, you're successful. You are obviously intelligent and hard-working, but burdened with an ideology that doesn't work for the vast majority of people. You seem like a very decent man with Christian values. Even though I'm agnostic, I try and live a decent and honest life. Jesus had some very high ideals.

Trump is a loser in my book. He was born with a golden spoon in his mouth, and has probably never worked a manual labor job in his very privileged life. I also think he's a liar of epic proportions, and most definitely not a follower of Jesus. I would imagine he has broken each of the 10 Commandments.

A "winner" is successful on their own terms. Republicans seem to almost always equate "winning" with wealth. I strongly disagree.

vantexan

So why aren't you rich? You have worked very hard your whole adult life, and have little to show for it. You're a textbook example of the GOP lie, that working hard and striving equals success. I don't equate money with success, so as far as I'm concerned, you're successful. You are obviously intelligent and hard-working, but burdened with an ideology that doesn't work for the vast majority of people. You seem like a very decent man with Christian values. Even though I'm agnostic, I try and live a decent and honest life. Jesus had some very high ideals.

Trump is a loser in my book. He was born with a golden spoon in his mouth, and has probably never worked a manual labor job in his very privileged life. I also think he's a liar of epic proportions, and most definitely not a follower of Jesus. I would imagine he has broken each of the 10 Commandments.

A "winner" is successful on their own terms. Republicans seem to almost always equate "winning" with wealth. I strongly disagree.
Why do I have to be rich? Who cares if someone trades in his Cessna for a Lear Jet or owns a yacht? I work to have a decent life, not to impress. The one thing that makes me feel wealthy is independence. I could stay and work towards top pay but is it worth trading years of my life? Jobs are needed because too many can't find anything above wage slave pay. But do they all deserve $100k annually with great benefits? Work towards having a decent life, forget about the biggest house in the best neighborhood, the hot car, the trophy wife. Those kind of things tend to bring their own set of problems, more grief than contentment. And if someone obtains all that, more power to him, but don't tell me my life is lacking because I don't have all that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Look for Trump to make huge changes in our relationship with China.

Oldfart

I never said I was worth $9M...you did. You can lie and say you are worth whatever you want and then level an accusation at me saying I am lying.

You'd make a very bad attorney.
You bragged you were worth 10 times what I was worth. Were you lying when you said that? You got excited and ran your mouth. That would put you at 9 million.