2000 Mules

newfie

It doesn't. But it does say the states legislatures are in charge of their elections. It would be a usurpation of a right given to the states.
its within the powers of the state to decide for or against . they dont lose any power by not having them.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
its within the powers of the state to decide for or against . they dont lose any power by not having them.

Federal Congress can't tell the state's they can't have them. Though, this is why I think the Texas suit was reasonable. When another state allows unconstitutional changes to its voting rules, that effects the other states in the union. What if the Texas legislature passed a law outlawing the Democrat party, making it illegal to have a Democrat on the ballot. That would technically be constitutional, but the blue states would lose their minds.

newfie

Federal Congress can't tell the state's they can't have them. Though, this is why I think the Texas suit was reasonable. When another state allows unconstitutional changes to its voting rules, that effects the other states in the union. What if the Texas legislature passed a law outlawing the Democrat party, making it illegal to have a Democrat on the ballot. That would technically be constitutional, but the blue states would lose their minds.
all thats wonderful . i was commenting to the floridas comment that it was against the constitution to not have ballot boxes.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
all thats wonderful . i was commenting to the floridas comment that it was against the constitution to not have ballot boxes.

Uh huh. And I was responding to your comment about Congress prohibiting drop boxes, which is a usurpation of the state legislatures power to establish voting rules.

floridays

congress is not in my comment you quote. state is?
It was in the post I initially responded to and ended up here, where seemingly we agree it would have to be a state action.

You said this:
drop boxes have to go away. If the republicans get congress they need to pass a law that eliminiates drop boxes but they wont.
I said this:
That would be unconstitutional.
drop boxes have to go away.
For that to be Constitutional it would have to be initiated in the state houses or senates that currently allow for drop boxes,
Congress has no part

floridays

I said noting of the sort.
I said what you offered was unconstitutional.
It's all in text here. Don't put words in my mouth.
This is an arguement you need to back away from.
That was some really low :poop: trying to attribute this, floridas comment that it was against the constitution to not have ballot boxes, to me. I never said anything of the sort.

@zubenelgenubi, his post concerning my statement was a deception.

newfie, will you retract the statement or continue to decieve?

Last edited:

vantexan

That was some really low :poop: trying to attribute this, floridas comment that it was against the constitution to not have ballot boxes, to me. I never said anything of the sort.

The matter could be settled by bringing a suit that winds its way to the Supreme Court. Perhaps a state that doesn't have drop boxes can sue saying other states having them allows for fraud and negates their state's vote. Much in the same way Texas brought suit in the last election. In an off year without an immediate election hanging in the balance SCOTUS might actually hear it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

newfie, will you retract the statement or continue to decieve?

Meh, I just took it to be a misunderstanding.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
  • Dinesh D’Souza’s “2,000 Mules” election denial book was abruptly recalled.
  • When told of the book’s allegations against them, one group said it was potentially “libelous.”
  • True the Vote completely distanced itself from the book.

So the left wing vote harvesting groups he's accused are scared and have gone quiet. Interesting.

floridays

The matter could be settled by bringing a suit that winds its way to the Supreme Court. Perhaps a state that doesn't have drop boxes can sue saying other states having them allows for fraud and negates their state's vote. Much in the same way Texas brought suit in the last election. In an off year without an immediate election hanging in the balance SCOTUS might actually hear it.
It's already happened, not exactly the same facts. It was in the action Texas brought against the states that changed their election laws in conflict with the proceedure that their legislatures defined. That case was dismissed for lack of standing.

Scotus denied a writ of cert( signed by 21 state representatives)

vantexan

It's already happened, not exactly the same facts. It was in the action Texas brought against the states that changed their election laws in conflict with the proceedure that their legislatures defined. That case was dismissed for lack of standing.

Scotus denied a writ of cert( signed by 21 state representatives)

Notice in my reply I mentioned that and said if we catch SCOTUS in an off year they may hear the case.

floridays

Notice in my reply I mentioned that and said if we catch SCOTUS in an off year they may hear the case
The Texas suit was denied for standing. Exactly what has changed since then to change standing?
The answer is nothing. Off year or not, standing is standing.

vantexan

The Texas suit was denied for standing. Exactly what has changed since then to change standing?
You may be right but the legality of drop boxes is a different issue. One that might be taken up if tried but we'll never know if no one does try.

oldngray

nowhere special
The problem was judges wouldn't hear the cases early because of lack of standing and then it ended up too late.