2014 rolls in with bad weather

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Most (not all) people driving 4wd vehicles think that they are invincible in the snow. I drive a 4wd Tacoma and my wife has a Forester, but we both understand their limitations in bad weather.

Nothing funnier than Jeeps and big SUVs stuck in the median.
Thats usually what I see also. I know my 4x4 doesnt make me invincible, like you I know it doesnt. But it sure does feel nicer under you, than a car.

Re-Raise

Thats usually what I see also. I know my 4x4 doesnt make me invincible, like you I know it doesnt. But it sure does feel nicer under you, than a car.
Bought a 2014 Sierra about a month ago. I drive to and from work on the same roads that I deliver on the rest of the day in my pos 700. Give me that 4x4 any day.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We got news it MIGHT snow SOMEWHERE in Georgia and yesterday the Grocery and Package stores were PACKED

snow.jpg

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Friday was nutts with the weather. Took me 1hr n 15 min to get to work when it normally takes me 45 min. Start time was 1030 I was like really dude lol. still snowing on my way to work. I couldn't believe my stupid azzzzzz even went in. didn't get to my first stop til 12 cause you had to drive like pop pop. Nothing but ice all day. Talk about being scared to death all day shoooooo lol. I asked before I left when they want us in by they said we will send message on board. And then they shuttle airs to us like 2 hours later, once again im like really you retards. I called supe at 330 and was like whats the deal? He was like what deal. I said about what time we bringing it in. He said ill call ya back and let ya know. I told him straight up your putting people lives in danger big time. He never called me back. So I made the executive decision at 4 to shut it down and get in before dark(5pm). Delivered all edibles and premium which was about 60 stops. I brought back 73 ecd. My life is more important than some stupid azzzzzz boxes lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Friday was nutts with the weather. Took me 1hr n 15 min to get to work when it normally takes me 45 min. Start time was 1030 I was like really dude lol. still snowing on my way to work. I couldn't believe my stupid azzzzzz even went in. didn't get to my first stop til 12 cause you had to drive like pop pop. Nothing but ice all day. Talk about being scared to death all day shoooooo lol. I asked before I left when they want us in by they said we will send message on board. And then they shuttle airs to us like 2 hours later, once again im like really you retards. I called supe at 330 and was like whats the deal? He was like what deal. I said about what time we bringing it in. He said ill call ya back and let ya know. I told him straight up your putting people lives in danger big time. He never called me back. So I made the executive decision at 4 to shut it down and get in before dark(5pm). Delivered all edibles and premium which was about 60 stops. I brought back 73 ecd. My life is more important than some stupid azzzzzz boxes lol.

I hope you enjoy your meeting with your center manager Monday morning.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
My house yesterday started at -14, & got up to 25. Already up to 33 today. Sun feels pretty strong.
Almost like t-shirt weather.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Let me start by saying by no means do I think we need to call of work because of cold.

With that said every school is closed. Some universities garbage man isn't working and many many other businesses who are by no means out in the weather all day like us.

The funny thing is customers all day tomorrow will be telling me. Holy cow I can't believe they have you guys working in this. However if we didn't work you can bet everyone would be raising hell.

Brownslave688

Let me start by saying by no means do I think we need to call of work because of cold.

With that said every school is closed. Some universities garbage man isn't working and many many other businesses who are by no means out in the weather all day like us.

The funny thing is customers all day tomorrow will be telling me. Holy cow I can't believe they have you guys working in this. However if we didn't work you can bet everyone would be raising heck.

Heck? So now instead of censored it's changing my words?

40 and out

Thinking of all my BC friends who are out delivering in this crappy weather across the Midwest, Northeast (and the Southeast rain).
Cleveland looks like it is almost undrivable.
Indianapolis 81st street hub and its 3 delivery centers not working Monday. Foot of snow today now 40 mph winds and -40 wind chill by morning.
Pretty much the northern half of Indiana is shut down. Worst since the famous blizzard of 1978. Already been a bad winter before this. Guess the Farmer's Almanac was right. It's a winter to remember.

Brownslave688

What the heck?

Believe it or not, we had a member that was complaining about "he-double-hockey-sticks".

The system changes to a word with the same meaning.
Oh I can believe it but a single member complains so it's changed?

What is this tball and everyone gets a trophy?