2014 rolls in with bad weather

Marne Vet

What the heck?

Believe it or not, we had a member that was complaining about "he-double-hockey-sticks".

The system changes to a word with the same meaning.

hahaha seriously?! What a labia. Complaining about a word to describe a fictional place is extremely ridiculous people. H-E-L-L. *poof* Nothing happened. :)

Indianapolis 81st street hub and its 3 delivery centers not working Monday. Foot of snow today now 40 mph winds and -40 wind chill by morning.
Pretty much the northern half of Indiana is shut down. Worst since the famous blizzard of 1978. Already been a bad winter before this. Guess the Farmer's Almanac was right. It's a winter to remember.

Fine. If you're not going in and sending us Indy loads then I'm not going in and sending you CACH loads.

slantnosechevy

Indianapolis 81st street hub and its 3 delivery centers not working Monday. Foot of snow today now 40 mph winds and -40 wind chill by morning.
Pretty much the northern half of Indiana is shut down. Worst since the famous blizzard of 1978. Already been a bad winter before this. Guess the Farmer's Almanac was right. It's a winter to remember.

No way is this even close to '67, '78,'79,'84 or any other blizzard in that area. The media coupled with the further kittification of America makes this bigger than it is. '67 and '78 produced 12' drifts this is 12-16 inches. They've had 30-40 storms in that area over the years like the current one and never closed a center.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
No way is this even close to '67, '78,'79,'84 or any other blizzard in that area. The media coupled with the further pussification of America makes this bigger than it is. '67 and '78 produced 12' drifts this is 12-16 inches. They've had 30-40 storms in that area over the years like the current one and never closed a center.
More of a business decision. How much sense does it make to send out a bunch of drivers who make 80 -100K a year on a day when they are probably going to deliver 10-15 stops and bring the rest back?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No way is this even close to '67, '78,'79,'84 or any other blizzard in that area. The media coupled with the further kittification of America makes this bigger than it is. '67 and '78 produced 12' drifts this is 12-16 inches. They've had 30-40 storms in that area over the years like the current one and never closed a center.
As a retiree, I am not going to call current drivers kitties.
I will be thinking of our mobile outdoorsmen/outdoorswomen Monday and Tuesday.

Try making the run north from Indy up I-65 tonight and get back to me on who's a bunch of pusillanimous.

slantnosechevy

More of a business decision. How much sense does it make to send out a bunch of drivers who make 80 -100K a year on a day when they are probably going to to deliver 10-15 stops and bring the rest back?

Understood, but this is more about the cold than the snow.Those guys up there have done 100+ stop days in far worse weather. The point was this is no way even close to a blizzard like '78. 36" of snow, 50mph winds, and 12ft drifts.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Understood, but this is more about the cold than the snow.Those guys up there have done 100+ stop days in far worse weather. The point was this is no way even close to a blizzard like '78. 36" of snow, 50mph winds, and 12ft drifts.
I can't speak for your area, but I remember back when they used to send us out no matter what the conditions and and it never seemed like a good decision to me. I recall one particular snowstorm where half my center didn't make it to their areas before having to turn around, and they all got paid for 8 even though they all they did was burn some gas. One guy got stuck at his first stop and sat all day waiting for a tow truck (they were busy that day). The first time I came in and my center manager said "We're not sending the country routes out today" I was shocked because it was such a departure from the way we'd always done it, but it was the right decision in my book.

Yea. Probably pulled those two out of the ditches near Lafayette too.

If it was no big deal they wouldn't be asking me to make the run for the 710 guys that called in.

rod

Retired 22 years
What the heck?

Believe it or not, we had a member that was complaining about "he-double-hockey-sticks".

The system changes to a word with the same meaning.

Its a good thing I don't run this show. I would of banned Mr (or Mrs.) Goodie Two Shoes for life and told them to go search out a church forum or after school kiddies show. What a crock of BS. I'm really getting tired of one person ruining things for everyone else. This place is becoming more kittyfied every day.

rod

Retired 22 years
Its a good thing I don't run this show. I would of banned Mr (or Mrs.) Goodie Two Shoes for life and told them to go search out a church forum or after school kiddies show. What a crock of BS. I'm really getting tired of one person ruining things for everyone else. This place is becoming more kittyfied every day.

Apparently your automatic bad word changer wasn't working and you had to manually change it. What a tool.