2018 Peak!

Meat

She's OVAH!
Merry Christmas all.

Yep, all that was left to do as of 2 PM was divide up the destroy packages.

At my office, all the punks know the pecking order - I get it all.

Unfortunately, this year, Ray Ray didn’t see it that way.

Ray Ray is the station’s Ops manager, who completed three tours in Iraq (six confirmed kills), and as far he was concerned, this year, his family was going to take possession of the shrimp.

I was suspended earlier today, and didn’t expect to see anyone at the station after hours. Unfortunately, Ray Ray and I met at the refrigerator where the shrimp were being stored. Our eyes met, and we knew it would be a battle to the death.

Ray Ray didn’t take me very seriously at first. I’m from a pampered background, and he’s from the inner city (not to mention his military background).

Consequently, he wasn’t expecting me to make the first move. Luckily, I brought a razor blade to the festivities, and went to town on his shoulder - slash, slash, slash.

Ray Ray was cut up pretty bad, and had rage in his eyes, but I wasn’t done. I noticed there was some salt leftover from a Costco picnic the station had earlier in the year. While he was distracted, I poured the salt into his open wounds and he went :censored2:ing ballistic.

Once he recovered, I don’t remember the exact number of blows I took to the head, but I think it was about fifty.

Battered and bloody I fell against the steak sandwich station they set up for peak. How ironic, earlier in the the week I told my manager my palette was too sophisticated to eat such marginal food, but now I was about to get a face full!

The Au Jus pot was still three-quarters full, and Ray Ray was literally and figuratively smelling blood.

He submerged my face into the pot, and then started to laugh maniacally as my breathing became less and less frequent.

In an act of desperation, I reached up at his face, and somehow got my fingers inside his eye socket - pop!

Ray Ray started screaming in terror, as his right eye was dangling. I was still throwing up Au Jus, but I noticed a loaf of the senior’s home made bread that went uneaten during the holiday “party” (surprise, suprise it’s hard as a rock) - smack, smack, smack, and then I heard a crunch.

Ray Ray looked at me with a vacant stare, uttered “you always had a decent gap report,” and then took his last breath.

Sadly, when I got home with the shrimp, my wife didn’t even ask me any questions, even though I was bleeding in several places, and my face was scalded from the Au Jus.

Merry :censored2:mas everybody!

Last edited:

Express Courier

giphy.gif

Express Courier

Nice story bro... our CSAs hog all the destroys never to be seen again.
Yeah same here. They also take EVERYTHING that wasn't eaten the night before when we get treated to food. Leave at night with a :censored2: ton of food left, come in in the morning and it's all gone? I was there late one night and this one notorious hoggy CSA was taking it all.

!Retired!

Easiest PEAK yet. Got busy earlier than normal, but never really got pounded. Highest stop count was about 140 until Thursday and Friday when it was 190+ on both days. Our station knocked out a crapload working Saturday AND Sunday. I only had 80 yesterday...home by 2:00. The next 3-4 years will be fun :rolleyes:

Star B

White Lightening
the weather cooperated which is the only reason why we were saved. If the weather didn't cooperate, there was nothing short of hiring a ton of people to run the DRA areas with 20 stops and then sending anyone with a minuscule amount of map reading ability to go out to the SRA areas.

We were pounded constantly from the end of September.

!Retired!

and then sending anyone with a minuscule amount of map reading ability to go out to the SRA areas..
A map? Lol, my station doesn't even have them anymore. Better still, today's youth have probably never even seen one. There's plenty of programs that will plot and route for you.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Most of the HD/ Ground drivers are using Road Warrior... I am just using my windshield mounted Garmin GPS units

Peak isn't over in my area until close to February

Whats in the Box

I gave my map book the the newer transfer into my loop so he can run off map pages and index for his area. I asked him if he’s been using the map book and says he plots all his stop in google on his phone. I laughed and told him get me back my map and good luck as you’ll never know your area looking on a 5” screen

Star B

White Lightening
I wouldn't say that. You wouldn't learn an area IF you are using GPS directions. If you are using Google Maps and going "Okay, left on 1st, right on Fartville, and the third street on the left is going to be Zero Ct" it's no different than maps.

I use Road Warrior, but I only use it to plot stops. I don't optimize (aka put it in route order), so that forces me to still think and learn.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Update, today was too easy.

No more staggered times. Schools closed so I got to my regular belt line at 0800

Loaded 70 pieces, 50 stops. On route by 1000.

Weather cooperating, light traffic, except for after Xmas shoppers. Done by 1300. No one needs help, so went to a few stores on the way home

Sweet, made more per stop today since it's flat rate up to the 90 stop threshold.

Purplepackage

Update, today was too easy.

No more staggered times. Schools closed so I got to my regular belt line at 0800

Loaded 70 pieces, 50 stops. On route by 1000.

Weather cooperating, light traffic, except for after Xmas shoppers. Done by 1300. No one needs help, so went to a few stores on the way home

Sweet, made more per stop today since it's flat rate up to the 90 stop threshold.

Same on the express side, half the station back by 2 besides the guys who have to sit around all day and wait for 1 or 2 regulars.

Took the wife out to eat and now I’m drinking lol

dex 84

A map? Lol, my station doesn't even have them anymore. Better still, today's youth have probably never even seen one. There's plenty of programs that will plot and route for you.

I'm trying my best to keep my map from falling apart because it's hard to find good map books anymore. I've never used an app to map my route out for me.