2018 Raises

!Retired!

Yeah. I was in step 1 and he got put in step 2 last year we were only about a month apart but whatever. This year I figured I'd go up to at least what he was making right? Nope it's still like 30 cents less than what step 2 was last year. The sheet in the break room listing the steps is a lot higher than what workday is telling us our raises are. Possible it could be wrong but I'll just have to wait for next weeks check.
Every step was increased by 3% and the difference between step is 5%. You should be going up a step and getting ~7.5% raise.

Yankeefan

If you went to step 2, it is very unlikely your step 2 is LESS than what step 2 was last year. It is a shame a week has gone by and people still don't know what they make.

Is it possible to stay in step 1 for another year?? I'm just going off what workday shows my new pay is and it's less than what he started at step 2 last year.

Yankeefan

What was your pay before the raise?
14.64 I moved up to 15.08, step 2 last year was around 15.49 and my friend only went up to 15.80 from there. Those are all the amounts shown in workday the sheet we have in the break room has the steps as being about 50 cents high than what workday lists. I figured it could be wrong but before I even looked in workday my manager told me what he thought it was and it lined up with workday.

MAKAVELI

14.64 I moved up to 15.08, step 2 last year was around 15.49 and my friend only went up to 15.80 from there. Those are all the amounts shown in workday the sheet we have in the break room has the steps as being about 50 cents high than what workday lists. I figured it could be wrong but before I even looked in workday my manager told me what he thought it was and it lined up with workday.
Are you sure you are looking at the correct chart? I didn't even know handlers were on the step system.

McFeely

Huge Member
Your manager didn’t tell you? Mine was walking around today with a print out telling us our new pay.

My manager hasn't told us jack. He did print out last year's step chart (dated 10/2016 even :rolleyes: ) but I have no idea what my real raise is. I keep hearing that the steps are all increased but I'm just gonna wait to see it on next week's check.

Honestly, as long as I don't get a crappy raise like last year's 3.5% I'm happy. And also if I get laid, that'd be good too.

MAKAVELI

My manager hasn't told us jack. He did print out last year's step chart (dated 10/2016 even :rolleyes: ) but I have no idea what my real raise is. I keep hearing that the steps are all increased but I'm just gonna wait to see it on next week's check.

Honestly, as long as I don't get a crappy raise like last year's 3.5% I'm happy. And also if I get laid, that'd be good too.
It should be in workday today. I don't know why they were jacking everyone around with this whole fiasco.

Last edited:

Maui

CF2100A4-E815-4C9C-B05C-F8BA12AED1CA.jpeg

Take a look at this chart. This is the pay. If you were Step 1 last year at 14.xx then you’re C1 (Courier/Handler, Senior CSA, Team Leader). As of October 1 your pay will be $15.80, Step 2 and 7.9%. Your friend will be Step 3, $16.72.

What happened is Workday showed the adjusted steps, 3% for 1 and 10; 2% for 2-9. It did NOT show your move to the next step until some time later today. That happened to everyone in Step progression. I find it frustrating that many Managers just couldn’t grasp the concept to advise employees.

So, Workday should show your correct pay now. Everyone moved to the next Step, which just became correct late Friday.

Oldfart

View attachment 159253
Take a look at this chart. This is the pay. If you were Step 1 last year at 14.xx then you’re C1 (Courier/Handler, Senior CSA, Team Leader). As of October 1 your pay will be $15.80, Step 2 and 7.9%. Your friend will be Step 3, $16.72.

What happened is Workday showed the adjusted steps, 3% for 1 and 10; 2% for 2-9. It did NOT show your move to the next step until some time later today. That happened to everyone in Step progression. I find it frustrating that many Managers just couldn’t grasp the concept to advise employees.

So, Workday should show your correct pay now. Everyone moved to the next Step, which just became correct late Friday.
Give this man a raise for explaining to everyone how this went down. He has been on top of it for a week or so. Good job.

Yankeefan

View attachment 159253

Came here to update after going in tonight and this 100% right. Thanks

!Retired!

Is it possible to stay in step 1 for another year?? I'm just going off what workday shows my new pay is and it's less than what he started at step 2 last year.
The only way you MIGHT (I'm just guessing) stay in step 1 is if you were just hired. I wouldn't put to much confidence in what workday says. It's a relatively new system and their still working out the bugs. If you're paperless, you can see your paycheck Wednesday.

snowcat66

Well I am a topped out swing thinking all topped out got a 3 percent raise. not so. Mine came out to 1.9 percent. maybe it was communicated somewhere that a topped out swing will only go up to the designated new max for swing but I only heard EVERYONE thats topped out gets 3 percent. another let down..

MAKAVELI

Well I am a topped out swing thinking all topped out got a 3 percent raise. not so. Mine came out to 1.9 percent. maybe it was communicated somewhere that a topped out swing will only go up to the designated new max for swing but I only heard EVERYONE thats topped out gets 3 percent. another let down..
What market level are you?