2018 UPS 9.5 hour per day per route standard

9.5 work day as a National Standard for every Full Time employee

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Until last year most people in my center worked about 42-44 hours a week.I would come on this forum and read of people working Peak Season hours all year long and thought they were either lying or smoking crack. My Apologies!
(and tho those of you working less than 50 hours a week ENJOY it while you can!!)

Since last year every route is loaded up with the goal of 9.5 PLANNED day. Of course with time allowances being unrealistic and changed at whim a 9.5 planned day turns to be an 11-12 hour day. Much time is spent by management blaming the drivers for being Overallowed,and of course the threats and harassment are at an all time high with record grievances filed.

I believe WELL before 2018 all routes will be loaded with at least 9.5 hours of work and to those who are scared to get on the 9.5 list they will get at least 11-12 hours pf work every day

Until last year most people in my center worked about 42-44 hours a week.I would come on this forum and read of people working Peak Season hours all year long and thought they were either lying or smoking crack. My Apologies!
(and tho those of you working less than 50 hours a week ENJOY it while you can!!)

Since last year every route is loaded up with the goal of 9.5 PLANNED day. Of course with time allowances being unrealistic and changed at whim a 9.5 planned day turns to be an 11-12 hour day. Much time is spent by management blaming the drivers for being Overallowed,and of course the threats and harassment are at an all time high with record grievances filed.

I believe WELL before 2018 all routes will be loaded with at least 9.5 hours of work and to those who are scared to get on the 9.5 list they will get at least 11-12 hours pf work every day
Thats why I am on the list.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Mine tells me that he would love to clone me but that the clones would not have vocal chords.

(My mouth tends to get me in trouble, probably because I speak before I think)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Mine tells me that he would love to clone me but that the clones would not have vocal chords.

(My mouth tends to get me in trouble, probably because I speak before I think)
That's funny... my center manager has said basically the same thing....that she wished she had 10 more of me...but without my big mouth.

beentheredonethat

My suggestion is directly at 8-9.5 hour work days for full time employees.

Again, 8 hour per day , 40 hour per week guaranty is there.
For those who are forced to work past that 40 hour week and past 8 hours per day, then with this language the company will not work the full time employee past 9.5 hours per day.
Unless that person , as suggested by TOS, signs up and or volunteers for extra work.
Extra work is offered daily in my area.
I have a question for how something should be handled. The teamsters have said many times they do not recognize UPS work standards. Assuming UPS agrees to this, how can it be mutually agreed upon that the amount of work the drivers takes at the beginning of the day is within a 9.5 hour paid day? I think the majority of people realize it's important to make a valid delivery attempt each day on the packages. So giving a driver the right to just stop at a point in time is not a good long term customer service solution.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Dave's sistah!!!!
2014-08-24-20-40-41--1835982741.jpeg

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I have a question for how something should be handled. The teamsters have said many times they do not recognize UPS work standards. Assuming UPS agrees to this, how can it be mutually agreed upon that the amount of work the drivers takes at the beginning of the day is within a 9.5 hour paid day? I think the majority of people realize it's important to make a valid delivery attempt each day on the packages. So giving a driver the right to just stop at a point in time is not a good long term customer service solution.
The only thing UPS cares about is Money. The grievance procedure is in place to monetarily penalize the company when a driver is over dispatched on a consistent basis.

The only thing UPS cares about is Money. The grievance procedure is in place to monetarily penalize the company when a driver is over dispatched on a consistent basis.
It doesnt need to be like this. we have enough overtime whores,that would work 100 hours a week.

Everybody needs a break from time to time. young or old. Thats why some of our rookie drivers quit. you cant waterboard them,every single day.

I dont mind "digging in" when its busy. BUT DONT....cut routes ,send people home and load the crap out of me!

That is why I am on the list. If you want to needlessly overload me. THEN SHOW ME DA MONEY!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It doesnt need to be like this. we have enough overtime whores,that would work 100 hours a week.

Everybody needs a break from time to time. young or old. Thats why some of our rookie drivers quit. you cant waterboard them,every single day.

I dont mind "digging in" when its busy. BUT DONT....cut routes ,send people home and load the crap out of me!

That is why I am on the list. If you want to needlessly overload me. THEN SHOW ME DA MONEY!
Cut routes and send people home? Nooooo...that only happens on days that end in "Y"!