2019 Driver Helpers

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
From what I’ve been hearing—no. Supposed to be using 22.4s although we haven’t hired many here. Things might change, don’t see this ending well.

MattM

Looking at upsers comments and such, so many helpers getting the run-around. I remember doing it years ago. I ended up working 2-3 days total, after waiting and calling and waiting and calling. Yet at the same time, most are getting over worked right now. There's no easy balance I guess.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
We have the dumbest set of clowns running this show. Every year we act like this is our first peak. Then they wonder why we end up on the news every year for ruining everyone's holiday.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
We have the dumbest set of clowns running this show. Every year we act like this is our first peak. Then they wonder why we end up on the news every year for ruining everyone's holiday.
If only Christmas was the same date every year......that would make it easier to plan for!!!

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
It’s going to be terrible , we got crushed with weather today ...tons of ECs

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Haven’t seen a single helper yet this year and we’ve got so many extra drivers we don’t have enough vehicles. I know from some of the guys that use the same helper every year almost all of the helpers have been getting the run around. I think the strategy this year is throw as many :censored2:ty drivers at the wall and see what sticks and not utilize helpers. Lost three in the past two weeks. That’s what happens when you train in a PC then get thrown into a rental.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Haven’t seen a single helper yet this year and we’ve got so many extra drivers we don’t have enough vehicles. I know from some of the guys that use the same helper every year almost all of the helpers have been getting the run around. I think the strategy this year is throw as many :censored2:ty drivers at the wall and see what sticks and not utilize helpers. Lost three in the past two weeks. That’s what happens when you train in a PC then get thrown into a rental.
So I guess it's a definite no to using any of the preloaders as helpers as well?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm in a Center with about 50 drivers, and we are up to 15 Helpers as of today. I was one of the first five to get a Preloader/Helper a couple of weeks ago. All of our drivers will get a Helper eventually. Fifth day with a PVD, she isn't going to work out. I had to go help her twice today. I need a driver with a rental/package car to run the PVD route, her economy car isn't going to cut it.

542thruNthru

We have about 15 helpers working right now. It was let known to us that the higher ups decided that instead of more trucks and seasonal drivers they were going to hire more PVDs because it was much cheaper that way. Well we were all told that the plan was failing at this moment so to be prepared for a horrific peak.

I honestly can't wait. I LOVE watching the place burn down.

GenericUsername

We have about 15 helpers working right now. It was let known to us that the higher ups decided that instead of more trucks and seasonal drivers they were going to hire more PVDs because it was much cheaper that way. Well we were all told that the plan was failing at this moment so to be prepared for a horrific peak.

We were already told plan on 6 days and 70 hour weeks. Good stuff.

542thruNthru

We were already told plan on 6 days and 70 hour weeks. Good stuff.

They got me M-friend. If it's as bad as they are saying it will be I won't have enough hours to work Saturday... not that I would anyways. ;)
Screenshot_20191112-195915_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

allahuakbar

She/Her

If these dopes rolled up in decent SUVs or Minivans they would be crushing it. Problem is they’re only hiring people with 98 Honda civics.