2020 Election

bacha29

That's because conservatives are smart!
People like you will behave in a way that is contradictory to your health and wealth simply because you don't believe in something.
That's just plain friend:censored2:ing stupid which describes you and your ilk fairly well.
Do you mean "conservatives" who are smart enough to know that for many of them Social Security and Medicare is all that stands between them and starvation and early death?

bacha29

You don’t win elections telling the truth and wanting to limit your own power anymore.

The population is full of Bacha libs.
And the population is full of pseudo conservatives who bark the conservative bark but always put their tails between their legs then go crawling off and sign up for every Democrat sponsored social welfare program they can qualify for because it has a major bearing on the quality of their lives going forward. Clearly they would rather bear the shame of signing up for programs they public condemn and demonize than to bear the pain and misery they would unquestionably experience without them.

El Correcto

god is dead
And the population is full of pseudo conservatives who bark the conservative bark but always put their tails between their legs then go crawling off and sign up for every Democrat sponsored social welfare program they can qualify for because it has a major bearing on the quality of their lives going forward. Clearly they would rather bear the shame of signing up for programs they public condemn and demonize than to bear the pain and misery they would unquestionably experience without them.
More like forced into it. I wouldn’t pay into social security if I wasnt legally coerced to, I wouldn’t pay into Medicaid if I wasnt legally coerced to. I qualified for the hazlewood act, I didn’t accept a single dollar of it or attend college I couldn’t afford.

Not everyone is a kuk for government largess.

newfie

Are you afraid of Social Security, Medicare etc ? These are just a few of the programs evil, communist sympathizing, pinko liberal Democrats managed to get passed into law. Never met a conservative yet who refused to participate in those programs due to fear and or principle.

yes, I would be a happy camper if I had paid all my SS money into a 401 K type plan

newfie

my memory is fuzzy i dont remember volunteering for social security. Now that the government has exhorted my money into their ponzi scheme i will certainly sign up to try to get some of it back.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
And just what type and kind of specific changes you believe will be for the better?
What changes?
I never mentioned changes.
Do you mean "conservatives" who are smart enough to know that for many of them Social Security and Medicare is all that stands between them and starvation and early death?
Doesn’t apply to me but I’m sure there are many conservatives that applies to.
Hopefully they are smart enough to go against their principles and get in the cow lines.

bacha29

my memory is fuzzy i dont remember volunteering for social security. Now that the government has exhorted my money into their ponzi scheme i will certainly sign up to try to get some of it back.
Are you talking about the "ponzi scheme" that helped your Mom and Dad to have a better life in retirement or the parents of minor children who suddenly found themselves widowed or a family's primary bread winner who through no fault of their own found themselves unexpectedly disabled and working for an employer who simply disposed of them? Is that the "ponzi scheme" you're talking about?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Are you talking about the "ponzi scheme" that helped your Mom and Dad to have a better life in retirement or the parents of minor children who suddenly found themselves widowed or a family's primary bread winner who through no fault of their own found themselves unexpectedly disabled and working for an employer who simply disposed of them? Is that the "ponzi scheme" you're talking about?

Ahhh...
As long as the Ponzi scheme registers as a charitable organization it is a good thing.
Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up.

bacha29

Well maybe if they had not been forced to contribute they could invest their money the way they like
Bush II proposed to privatize Social Security just before the 2008 Great Recession. Why did it go nowhere and why do you not hear anymore about it these days? First of all a recession would have virtually guaranteed mass withdrawals of the money from this new private retirement plan well in advance of normal retirement age. In addition few employers if any would be willing to contribute as they do now to Social Security to a private plan which would no doubt serve as a piggy bank for employees who couldn't keep their hands off it. Furthermore how would you fund Medicare given that FICA taxes fund both? The big issue however would be management fees. No merchant bank or investment bank or insurer would take those accounts without being payed management fees coming right off the top of the person's principal. These are some of the reasons why you don't hear much these days about privatizing Social Security. And BTW unless you're savings are in an FDIC insured bank account your principal is not insured.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
You realize the money being taking out for social security now is not enough to pay for all the baby boomers retiring.