2020 Election

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Under current law Federal student loans don't have to be repaid if you're permanently disabled.

So this is basically just a campaign move using veterans to make himself look good. He's not actually even doing anything for them.
i dont think you know how things work

bacha29

You realize the money being taking out for social security now is not enough to pay for all the baby boomers retiring.
Do you know what the transition costs to move repeal Social Security and move to an all private plan would be? Conservative estimate was pegged at 2 trillion. An ALL private retirement system could serve you Xer's and millenials quite well if you contributed regularly to it and could kept your grubby little hands off it until full retirement but how many have the discipline to do so ? Damn few and you know it.
My first stock purchase was in 1978. It had a drip on it and a direct share purchase plan. I didn't work for that company. 41 years later and I've yet to draw a cent of dividends and principle from that account. That's the kind of discipline that a private retirement plan requires but how many people have it

Jkloc420

Do you know what the transition costs to move repeal Social Security and move to an all private plan would be? Conservative estimate was pegged at 2 trillion. An ALL private retirement system could serve you Xer's and millenials quite well if you contributed regularly to it and could kept your grubby little hands off it until full retirement but how many have the discipline to do so ? Damn few and you know it.
My first stock purchase was in 1978. It had a drip on it and a direct share purchase plan. I didn't work for that company. 41 years later and I've yet to draw a cent of dividends and principle from that account. That's the kind of discipline that a private retirement plan requires but how many people have it
you mean like the government raiding ss

bacha29

you mean like the government raiding ss
Raided so you say? Then how do you explain the 85 billion dollars in interest income Social Security received last year from the federal government on the money the federal government "raided" from Social Security?

Jkloc420

Raided so you say? Then how do you explain the 85 billion dollars in interest income Social Security received last year from the federal government on the money the federal government "raided" from Social Security?
everybody knows clinton took money from social security to pay the debt in the late 90s

bacha29

everybody knows clinton took money from social security to pay the debt in the late 90s
And everybody but you knows that the practice of borrowing from Social Security began with LBJ in the 1960's as a means to pay for the Vietnam War and every president from that time forward has done the same thing because Social Security receipts are now considered to be general revenues Needless to say if federal borrowing did not include borrowing from Social Security it would have to borrow from another possibly outside source. At least SS is earning interest from the funds borrowed rather than Wall Street banks.