2020 Peak Over

tech209

Maxed out at 59.5 this week.....asked to come in Monday......not going to say no to double pay plus kill my hours

Tortuga

I AM THE MiLKMAN
I was delivering after 2200 last night, wasn’t fun.
04F1D20C-11F7-4BFF-834E-3AEB151380A6.jpeg

Hot Carl

Came in Saturday morning. Supe says, "You have your helper for 4.99 hrs and a PVD all day. Also, no one is being forced in Monday." *fist pump*

Sounds good. Go look at my dispatch. 180 stops, 177 of them are resis. Preload wraps late, so we don't pull til 10. It snows all day. No bother. Me, helper, and the PVD have everything done by 4. Flat area, no need to chain up.

Get a message to help struggling seasonal driver. Take 20 stops, but it takes over an hour to finish as the road conditions deteriorate.

So I head to my pickups which I know are going to blow the truck out. Get a message at first pickup: "Finish all your PUs, EC the rest of your deliveries, and head back to center." No bother, since all I have left are pickups.

At last pickup I get another message: "We need volunteers for Monday because we're rolling volume. If we don't get volunteers, we will have to force."

My response: "No"

I am one of the top seniority 22.4s, so I figured I had nothing to worry about. Finished pickups. On my way back to center I get one more message: "You're forced in Monday. Start time is 08:30. Sorry."

:censored2: this place.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Tough end to last week. Heard this week is supposed to start heavy too.

That’s ok the center manager thinks it’ll drop off soon. Better drop off really fast or 9.5 are gonna add up very fast.

newolddude

Seasonal dirt here asking a dumb question:
Our center still has bricked out trucks, drivers pulling long days, still using PVD and helpers. Yet they’re keeping us scum strung along and only using us 2 or 3 days a week.

The steward says they want/need us still. What the play from here?