2020 Peak Over

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Would have been a worse look if they allowed our system to get overrun like in 2013. How did that work out for UPS
Worked out horribly but a lot has changed since then. Around here Amazon trucks are like fire hydrants.....thereā€™s one on every street corner. Competition is not only a good thing but has the potential of leaving us with our pants down.

MattM

Lots of PVD scabs. They havenā€™t called a single one of us to work doubles either.
Bittersweet. But atleast were working less hard. It makes it sort of worth it.

MattM

All seasonal s are technically scabs. The company has been using them for how long?
Weird times. My building hired all ā€˜seasonalā€™ folks back in late October. No one new has come since. I guess they may already be one of us.
Years ago, and even when I was hired, I started early December and didnā€™t have to pay dues until February. I guess our boss never used to take dues from temp seasonal workers. But that also meant we knew our end date was 12/24.
Now we have such bad turnover, they get fees and dues from everyone and let the strong/stupid survive.

Basically for the first time in 8 years we havenā€™t had true seasonal hires. They got them all in super early. Odd strategy.

Heavy Package

It's a disgrace to our Union when my dispatcher builds a route for my PVD driver and I act as the shuttle driver bringing his work to him. I did not work one peak day into the dark this year. I punched out at 2:51pm today code 06. Seeing all of our volume get dumped onto the post office and watching the postal carriers shove our packages into the mailbox is a joke too. We need drastic changes next contract in many key areas.

TTLS1

It's a disgrace to our Union when my dispatcher builds a route for my PVD driver and I act as the shuttle driver bringing his work to him. I did not work one peak day into the dark this year. I punched out at 2:51pm today code 06. Seeing all of our volume get dumped onto the post office and watching the postal carriers shove our packages into the mailbox is a joke too. We need drastic changes next contract in many key areas.

my understanding is they are negotiating the best contract ever

Overpaid Union Thug

Perhaps but the effect is pretty substantial in my neck of the woods. Normally routes are littered with Target, Macyā€™s, Nordstromā€™s, Costco, Amazon, and others. Only big player now seems to be Costco but Target seems to be relying heavily on FedEx. Yes this has been a peak season that in reality was a ā€œweak seasonā€, but at what cost. When it was blasted all over the news that we werenā€™t picking up shippers, that did far more harm then good.

People need to understand that less volume equals less jobs. Only time will tell but our QE 4 numbers will either be the Golden Goose or the guillotine.
Here Target is still ours and SurePost.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
We have no volume cause our customers are pissed at us not picking them up and blasting it all over the news. Subsequently they are now mostly using FedEx.

Yeah Carol, smooth move. Itā€™s nothing any of us should be bragging about.
Relax. OnTrac will handle it