2020 Peak Over

Overpaid Union Thug

[
If this is the new peak, sign me up. I don't need 60 hours. Hell give me 40. I don't need a $85k F350 to drive to the hub.
Every morning our parking lot fills up with allot of overpriced mall crawlers, grocery getters, and a few early midlife crisis vehicles. Some of which are driven by drivers that go to bed every night praying they’ll get a call from the preload sup to come in and work so they can have some disposable income. LMFAO.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
There are 300 large shippers that were told months ago that UPS was only going to take a certain amount of volume from them. They make up 80% of what is on your car. And they were discounted heavily, the small shippers pay more.

Dr.Brownz

It's a disgrace to our Union when my dispatcher builds a route for my PVD driver and I act as the shuttle driver bringing his work to him. I did not work one peak day into the dark this year. I punched out at 2:51pm today code 06. Seeing all of our volume get dumped onto the post office and watching the postal carriers shove our packages into the mailbox is a joke too. We need drastic changes next contract in many key areas.
You won. 13.45 hours everyday for 3 weeks for me

specter208

Is Christmas week normally light? Our start times have moved 15 minutes later but I saw some of our PT cover drivers going home while our PVDs have continued to work. Seems unfair to me if they PTers were laid off and may have wanted to work still.

Box Ox

Many hubs are already cutting hours and sending people home (seasonal) early. Volume down, helpers told to stay home. You folks see what happens when you put a woman in charge of peak? Only the smoothest run peak in UPS history.
How would a Pilot know this?
JovialHugeAlbertosaurus-max-1mb.gif