2020 Peak Over

Box Ox

picard_clapping.gif

ManInBrown

Many hubs are already cutting hours and sending people home (seasonal) early. Volume down, helpers told to stay home. You folks see what happens when you put a woman in charge of peak? Only the smoothest run peak in UPS history.
I concur. My hub was empty yesterday. You could hear a pin drop in the yard. Normally around 7pm is bustling with drivers bringing back CPU’s. Place was empty.

Nah
Many hubs are already cutting hours and sending people home (seasonal) early. Volume down, helpers told to stay home. You folks see what happens when you put a woman in charge of peak? Only the smoothest run peak in UPS history.
Let's wait and see the 4th quarter numbers and how Wall Street reacts.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
We have no volume cause our customers are pissed at us not picking them up and blasting it all over the news. Subsequently they are now mostly using FedEx.

Yeah Carol, smooth move. It’s nothing any of us should be bragging about.

We have no volume cause our customers are pissed at us not picking them up and blasting it all over the news. Subsequently they are now mostly using FedEx.

Maybe she was concentrating on a small amid side shippers the ones that we actually make a good profit on per package versus these big giant shippers that we make pennies on per package

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Maybe she was concentrating on a small amid side shippers the ones that we actually make a good profit on per package versus these big giant shippers that we make pennies on per package
Perhaps but the effect is pretty substantial in my neck of the woods. Normally routes are littered with Target, Macy’s, Nordstrom’s, Costco, Amazon, and others. Only big player now seems to be Costco but Target seems to be relying heavily on FedEx. Yes this has been a peak season that in reality was a “weak season”, but at what cost. When it was blasted all over the news that we weren’t picking up shippers, that did far more harm then good.

People need to understand that less volume equals less jobs. Only time will tell but our QE 4 numbers will either be the Golden Goose or the guillotine.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Except what you don’t realize is that FedEx has been cutting off certain shippers at Peak the past four or five years. This year they’ve all turned to the Post Office for their extra volume and you see what happened there.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Except what you don’t realize is that FedEx has been cutting off certain shippers at Peak the past four or five years. This year they’ve all turned to the Post Office for their extra volume and you see what happened there.
Agreed but there’s clearly a major difference when Joe and Jill Customer are stopping me and asking about what they just read online and if it’s gonna effect them getting their items.

I understand the benefits of it and agree that FedEx does it as well, problem is that it was UPS highlighted and worse yet named specific customers of ours. Not a good look at all.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Agreed but there’s clearly a major difference when Joe and Jill Customer are stopping me and asking about what they just read online and if it’s gonna effect them getting their items.

I understand the benefits of it and agree that FedEx does it as well, problem is that it was UPS highlighted and worse yet named specific customers of ours. Not a good look at all.
True. When FedEx started doing it it wasn’t blasted in the media. Joe and Jill Customer probably didn’t even realize FedEx was doing it until UPS announced they were going to do it.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Would have been a worse look if they allowed our system to get overrun like in 2013. How did that work out for UPS