2022 HUGE health benefits increase

Glenlake55Wally

You should change the title of this thread. There is definitely not a huge health benefits increase. There is a huge premium increase for increasingly shiddy health benefits. Big difference.😉

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Maybe UPS should ask the Teamsters on who they have running Health care for them and let them take over...

Maybe a little networking would help.....

beentheredonethat

How in the world are my monthly 2022 health benefits going up 29% this year alone. Since I retired 6 years ago my monthly costs have tripled even after I opted for a lesser plan. There is no way UPS's costs are going up this much....
Every management retiree gets a set dollar amount for health care, based on how many years with UPS, and also how many were before 1992 (approximately) While I'm not retired yet and don't know exact numbers, I'll use some general numbers to show how costs are changing vs how they impact you.

UPS allowance to you = $10,000 per year.
1st year you retired healthcare cost $10,500
Your net cost year 1 after UPS allowance = $500
Year 2 same UPS allowance of $10,000
Year 2 healthcare cost = $11,000
Your net cost after UPS allowance = $1000
Now you look at the cost and say the cost doubled, which your cost did double from $500 to $1000. However, overall health care cost increased $500 from $10,500 to $11,000 a 4.77% increase.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Every management retiree gets a set dollar amount for health care, based on how many years with UPS, and also how many were before 1992 (approximately) While I'm not retired yet and don't know exact numbers, I'll use some general numbers to show how costs are changing vs how they impact you.

UPS allowance to you = $10,000 per year.
1st year you retired healthcare cost $10,500
Your net cost year 1 after UPS allowance = $500
Year 2 same UPS allowance of $10,000
Year 2 healthcare cost = $11,000
Your net cost after UPS allowance = $1000
Now you look at the cost and say the cost doubled, which your cost did double from $500 to $1000. However, overall health care cost increased $500 from $10,500 to $11,000 a 4.77% increase.

I know they increased the UPS Retirement Plan benefits at the end of 1992, how did those years prior effect the retirees’ Health and Welfare plan?

I presume that management retirees are booted out of their health coverages when they turn 65, are there any carry over for supplemental insurance after age 65?

meritocracy

I wouldn't accept them. They can't be trusted. That is a proven fact. Crooked as hell.
I believe the NLRB has ruled that supevisory empoloyees cannot be in the same bargaining unit as the people they supervise. They would have to join or form a different union like the International Brotherhood of Supervisors (IBS)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I believe the NLRB has ruled that supevisory empoloyees cannot be in the same bargaining unit as the people they supervise. They would have to join or form a different union like the International Brotherhood of Supervisors (IBS)
I had a buddy that delivered for Miller lite. His steward was also his direct supervisor.

The guy that wrote him up also represented him. It was a totally :censored2:ed situation that I told him a million times couldn’t be right.

trickpony1

I had a buddy that delivered for Miller lite. His steward was also his direct supervisor.

The guy that wrote him up also represented him. It was a totally :censored2:ed situation that I told him a million times couldn’t be right.
Conflict of interest?
What would the NLRB say?

Curiously helping.