2023 contract

Whereistheunion

For starters --

1. Significantly better pay for PTers (for those who don't know, I'm an RPCD).
2. Strong language against forced 6 punches and 9.5 violations -- whether directly or indirectly, e.g., as others have suggested, via pension payments for all hours worked, rather than the first 40, to discourage excessive OT.
3. Ban on all driver-facing data collection, whether cameras, motion sensors, etc.
4. Beef up Art 37 language re: harassment and intimidation, especially w respect to injury reporting.
5. Seriously, address the irregular and oversized pkg issue. 6. Limit the amount of stops that people can track you online, (last 10 stops) I have people tracking me down and physically coming to me all day. 7. Seriously, give drivers work flexibility, opportunities to work partial days.( work life balance)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I would like to see extended pension payout for those who work beyond the 30 year benchmark.

Also automatic double time after 9.5. End this grievance necessary to collect bullsheetrock.

Whereistheunion

Ultimately as RPCD, we all want better control of our work days. Less hours more home time. There are a few 14hr guys out there, but most of us want to go home and not step on/around generators, king sized mattress, and whatever in that 125lb crate all day.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
To be perfectly honest, if we can walk away from this next contract with part time insurance and pension, I'm going to have to consider it better than I expect.

But just off the top of my head, if I got to make a wish list.

PT:
4 hour guarantee. (Asked for this last time around. Non starter.)
Start times posted for the week, same as the drivers.
Strengthen preferred jobs rules to allow for individual bid areas, not just jobs.
Overtime for hours worked when called in before start time.

FT:
9.5 protection for the new classification of drivers.
Elimination of PVDs entirely.
Penalty pay for 8 hour requests that don't get honored.

Both:
Improvement of COLA adjustments to better cope with inflation.

To be perfectly honest, if we can walk away from this next contract with part time insurance and pension, I'm going to have to consider it better than I expect.

PT:
Strengthen preferred jobs rules to allow for individual bid areas, not just jobs.

FT:

Both:
There is a pay penalty for 8 hour days

If you file you get paid two hours

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
There is a pay penalty for 8 hour days

If you file you get paid two hours
Really?

Fairly sure we don't have that here in 710.
This is all I'm seeing.

C. An Employee may request by forty -eight (48) hour advance written notice, to be relieved from duty after eight (8) hours of work on a particular day. The Employer shall allow 10% of the Employees working off on a daily basis. No Employee will be granted more than two (2) requests per month. Employees will give their eight (8) hour requests in writing to management and to the Union Steward, punched on the center time clock. (Request forms shall be obtained from the Steward.) The District Labor Manager and the Business Agent will monitor these requests from time to time. It is further agreed by the Company and the Union that if the nature of an Employee’s regular work assignment does not lend itself to a reduction of scheduled hours, for example: some feeder driver runs scheduled for more than eight (8) hours, such employee may be permitted to take the full day off to attend to personal business. No request between Monday after Thanksgiving to December 24.

542thruNthru

PT:
It's surprises me you guys don't have posted start times for the week. It's not a huge ask. We have it here. Along with OT for hours worked before start time.

Do you get OT after 5 hours? That maybe why they don't do the OT for being called in early.
FT:

Both:
It shocks me again that 710/705 doesn't have a penalty for not honoring a 8 hour request. What's to stop the company from just never giving you one?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
scaled profit sharing ? 1000.00 in 401k or cash for every 1 billion in profits
MIP for union employees?? Say it ain’t so…that would be the final nail in the coffin for management folks. Still remember some mgt grumbling when they opened the discounted stock to hourly… many did not like that.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
It's surprises me you guys don't have posted start times for the week. It's not a huge ask. We have it here. Along with OT for hours worked before start time.

Do you get OT after 5 hours? That maybe why they don't do the OT for being called in early.

It shocks me again that 710/705 doesn't have a penalty for not honoring a 8 hour request. What's to stop the company from just never giving you one?
We do get OT after 5 in the building.

And that's exactly the issue. We have new supervisors who are getting pretty aggressive with 8 hours that aren't honored, and I have yet to see any penalty exacted in local level meetings.