2023 contract

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's surprises me you guys don't have posted start times for the week. It's not a huge ask. We have it here. Along with OT for hours worked before start time.

Do you get OT after 5 hours? That maybe why they don't do the OT for being called in early.

It shocks me again that 710/705 doesn't have a penalty for not honoring a 8 hour request. What's to stop the company from just never giving you one?
They have two days to notify mgt of a light load… we have 7, which is ridiculous…that needs to change in the next contract.

Red Headed Stranger

I'm here strictly for the healthcare and the pension. Since I'm self-employed outside of UPS, the money doesn't matter. For the younger workers on preload, I would like to see them given a choice of 1) $10/hour higher starting pay and waive healthcare benefits or 2) lower starting pay and obtain healthcare in 9 months (or whatever is negotiated in the next contract). So many in our building are still on Mom and Dad's healthcare until they're 26, so the insurance means NOTHING to them. They want the $$.

I would like to see the guaranteed 3 1/2 hours as automatic...no need to "ask" or "demand" it. If they are calling me us in to work, they should plan to pay us for 3 1/2 hours whether we demand our 3 1/2 hours or not. On Saturdays, we might only be there for 3 hours + a few minutes. I think it should be understood they will be paying everyone working that day for a minimum of 3 1/2 hours.

For the drivers, I agree the PVD's need to go and a more consistent schedule (M - Friday driver should work M - Friday and be given the option to work on Saturday, if the DRIVER wants to).

nWo

An option to waive health insurance would be a massive giveback. Higher pay and insurance after 30 days. Anything less we riot.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If you’ve prepared for retirement 30 years is
enough
All kinds of thing happen in life, plus some may not want to retire yet. The pension fund would benefit with deferred payouts even with the increased benefit. The social security plan knows this which is why they pay 8 percent more yearly for deferring.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Financial is just one of many aspects of retirement planning. For some maybe the least important.
You mean your OLady let’s you know when you can retire

I stand by my statement you spend 30 years on a package car you’re done
I’am not talking about some
pusillanimous pt car washer that runs a few misloads