2023 contract

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
22.4 was a terrible solution to weekend work. The easiest, maybe even the only, way to deal with weekend work and keep most people on M-friend is to create a part time driver position. I would be pretty happy to work two tens on the weekends and fill in during the week from time to time. The contractual details might be difficult to sort out, but it would be way easier to deal with on an operational level.

That is all we need ... another part time position, especially driving...

I believe originally that the Union wanted to negotiate two person irregular/over 70’s full time driving positions.

These 22.4 drivers were never needed, they could of negotiated any weekend work by bidding according to seniority by existing RPCDs.

That 4 year progression has to be reduced or best eliminated.

I believe originally that the Union wanted to negotiate two person irregular/over 70’s full time driving positions.

These 22.4 drivers were never needed, they could of negotiated any weekend work by bidding according to seniority by existing RPCDs.

The company isn't going to give that stuff up unless we are willing to fight for it

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

The weekend scheduling vs bid routes creates conflicts. It was more important to the members to get back to M-friend schedules. It may not be perfect, but weekend drivers would solve a lot of problems. I'd like to see it used to give drivers an option of an off ramp to retirement, where they can keep their benefits and rack up some more credits, but don't have to destroy their bodies in the process.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The weekend scheduling vs bid routes creates conflicts. It was more important to the members to get back to M-friend schedules. It may not be perfect, but weekend drivers would solve a lot of problems. I'd like to see it used to give drivers an optiob of an off ramp to retirement, where they can keep their benefits and rack up some more credits, but don't have to destroy their bodies in the process.
I wish I could’ve done that.

The weekend scheduling vs bid routes creates conflicts. It was more important to the members to get back to M-friend schedules. It may not be perfect, but weekend drivers would solve a lot of problems. I'd like to see it used to give drivers an optiob of an off ramp to retirement, where they can keep their benefits and rack up some more credits, but don't have to destroy their bodies in the process.
If you think they abuse Saturdays now give him a part-time workforce and see what happens on Mondays and Tuesdays

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Open your eyes. They have the storied Mondays by forwarding Monday's work to Saturday. The company already showed the true colors we did not need to get them another inch of room to exploit the full-time drivers

It's because we still can't provide consistent service on the weekends. It will take some transition time, and part time weekend drivers is a better solution than 22.4's and hacked up shifts/routes all over the place.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Do you not know what the strike of 97 was about?

I know it was at least partly about more full time jobs. We aren't talking about eliminating full time jobs. We could just tell them no on weekend work, let fed ex underpaid employees get all that work, we could try to revamp 22.4's, we could try to shoehorn full time jobs into two extra days a week, creating all sorts of chaos, or we could do part time weekend work.