2023 contract

I know it was at least partly about more full time jobs. We aren't talking about eliminating full time jobs. We could just tell them no on weekend work, let fed ex underpaid employees get all that work, we could try to revamp 22.4's, we could try to shoehorn full time jobs into two extra days a week, creating all sorts of chaos, or we could do part time weekend work.
Watches and know why the people who was here before you stood up

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Well, the benefits might take time to get up to speed, but how credits and benefits are earned could probably be changed relatively quickly.

Depends on whether our new leadership will quit playing politics with our individual pension benefits.

Maybe with the Central States federal bailout and Hoffa retiring things could change for the better.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Watches and know why the people who was here before you stood up

People's needs change. If the membership isn't down for a part time weekend driver position, then they can let their e board know they don't want it before negotiations start. But the company will eventually have to start providing weekend ground service, everywhere. The question is how to do that with a win-win solution. 22.4 is a mess. Getting rid of the 22.4 designation and making them all rpcd won't solve any of the operational problems with split shifts and routes. Many members nearing retirement would like an option to go part time or bid a less strenuous job to get to where they want to be. A lot of members have been getting forced into 6th punches for months on end, and they don't want it. Part Time weekend driving would address all those issues.

Let's say the company brings the idea to the table. I think I'd rather be prepared for that possibility, and look at it from all the angles ahead of time, than simply say no just because it's part time work.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Depends on whether our new leadership will quit playing politics with our individual pension benefits.

Maybe with the Central States federal bailout and Hoffa retiring things could change for the better.

The contractual issues like this would certainly be the biggest obstacle to implementing this particular solution.

People's needs change. If the membership isn't down for a part time weekend driver position, then they can let their e board know they don't want it before negotiations start. But the company will eventually have to start providing weekend ground service, everywhere. The question is how to do that with a win-win solution. 22.4 is a mess. Getting rid of the 22.4 designation and making them all rpcd won't solve any of the operational problems with split shifts and routes. Many members nearing retirement would like an option to go part time or bid a less strenuous job to get to where they want to be. A lot of members have been getting forced into 6th punches for months on end, and they don't want it. Part Time weekend driving would address all those issues.

Let's say the company brings the idea to the table. I think I'd rather be prepared for that possibility, and look at it from all the angles ahead of time, than simply say no just because it's part time work.
You do not understand how hard we fought to get full-time jobs we are not going to let that piss away this contract
Just because somebody does not want to work on a Saturday.
Put your time in move up on a list and things get better

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You do not understand how hard we fought to get full-time jobs we are not going to let that piss away this contract
Just because somebody does not want to work on a Saturday.
Put your time in move up on a list and things get better

It's not just going to be Saturdays. And from what I understand the Tuesday through Saturday scheduling had some major problems too.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Your position is very bad.
This entire topic is going to headache if that is what you want for future company be careful what you wish for.

Right @BigUnionGuy ?

So, your arguments are "driving is full time", "part time bad", "Screw everyone who could benefit from part time work because I want driving to always be full time", "help, I can't defend my position logically, someone else needs to pick up the ball from where I dropped it".

You've convinced me.

So, your arguments are "driving is full time", "part time bad", "Screw everyone who could benefit from part time work because I want driving to always be full time", "help, I can't defend my position logically, someone else needs to pick up the ball from where I dropped it".

You've convinced me.
Driving is a full-time job unless you're a cover driver.
But guess what you want to give up your rights knock yourself out this current generation of people that vote here will get absolutely what they deserve.

Go ahead and vote yourself out of a job

I swear to God some of these people need to grow a pair of balls

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

Your position is very bad.
This entire topic is going to headache if that is what you want for future company be careful what you wish for.

Right @BigUnionGuy ?
You are correct. Getting rid of the 22.4 is the first step. All driving jobs should be regular package car driver. Full-time positions. Whether it’s Monday through Friday , Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday eventually if that ever comes about. Ordering down the driving position with another bad piece of language will not help.

Thebrownblob

Driving is a full-time job unless you're a cover driver.
But guess what you want to give up your rights knock yourself out this current generation of people that vote here will get absolutely what they deserve.

Go ahead and vote yourself out of a job

I swear to God send these people need to grow a pair of balls
Giving the company that kind of leeway would be a disaster

MostHelpNeeded

Two shifts
Choose your poison

A) Saturday Sunday Monday
B) Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday

(Each weekday counts as 10 hours, weekends 15 each for sick day, etc )

Pay is guaranteed 40 hour calculation
Overtime at 1 and 1/2 hourly rate for all time over 8 hours per day

Routes bid as they are now, just two drivers for each route.

What say you?

You are correct. Getting rid of the 22.4 is the first step. All driving jobs should be regular package car driver. Full-time positions. Whether it’s Monday through Friday , Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday eventually if that ever comes about. Ordering down the driving position with another bad piece of language will not help.
Lq0jrnPpdzSfiKF9fm.gif

Thebrownblob

For example their new trick is to code everyone 05 in there and I have board in the morning I raised a huge stink about it this morning and they changed it back. I explain to the Center Manager the contract clearly states the only person that can break my guarantee is me not you.